Is This Thinning? Hair After Shower.

ATLAS___

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been worried about balding for a while now, and I've decided to grow it out incase I start losing it very early. The pic below is after a shower combed back and under my camera flash/room light. The second pic is my hair parted down the middle with camera flash and bathroom light. I am 19 years old and my hair is about 6-7 inches long. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_215718.jpg
    IMG_20200718_215718.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_20200717_224945.jpg
    IMG_20200717_224945.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 607

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might be the lighting. But there's some very slightly thinning going on. I suggest to stay away from any stuff that would damage your hair like hair colors, not cleaning it thoroughly, using intense shampoos, alcohol and smoking, etc. Get on a healthy diet too (more protein, omega 3, add biotin). IMO, you don't need the big 3 treatment yet, just proper hair care and nutrition.

INT

Reaction score
Might be the lighting. But there's some very slightly thinning going on. I suggest to stay away from any stuff that would damage your hair like hair colors, not cleaning it thoroughly, using intense shampoos, alcohol and smoking, etc. Get on a healthy diet too (more protein, omega 3, add biotin). IMO, you don't need the big 3 treatment yet, just proper hair care and nutrition.

People in the west already eat way much protein en biotin will not do anything unless you are deficient in it (99,99% chance you are not if you live in the western world and have no eating disorder).

If it is actual thinning; get on treatments that help with thinning.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get on mild dosage of finasteride. If you don't experience side effects, you won't have to worry about a thing.

ATLAS___

My Regimen
Reaction score
People in the west already eat way much protein en biotin will not do anything unless you are deficient in it (99,99% chance you are not if you live in the western world and have no eating disorder).

If it is actual thinning; get on treatments that help with thinning.
Yeah I plan on getting it cut next week down to an inch or so to see if it's actually thin, or just unhealthy. I haven't gotten it trimmed in well over 7 months. I compared the hair diameters to the sides/back and it appears to be the same. Definitely plan on getting on finasteride within a year regardless though

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely thinning out. It looks worse than it is because of the length and weight of the individual strands but it is most definitely happening.

The other issue in display here is how unhealthy your hair looks. If you’re going to keep it at that length or longer you need to do the research and take the time to treat it correctly. Long hair cannot be treated the same way as short hair unless you want it to look like that.

The hair near your scalp looks greasy, but the ends are bone dry and there is a sh*t load of breakage, split ends, and tangled roughed up cuticle. When your hair looks like greasy as hell halway down, then goes full Bozo the clown, you have a huge a problem.

Last edited:

ATLAS___

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely thinning out. It looks worse than it is because of the length and weight of the individual strands but it is most definitely happening.

The other issue in display here is how unhealthy your hair looks. If you’re going to keep it at that length or longer you need to do the research and take the time to treat it correctly. Long hair cannot be treated the same way as short hair unless you want it to look like that.

The hair near your scalp looks greasy, but the ends are bone dry and there is a sh*t load of breakage, split ends, and tangled roughed up cuticle. When your hair looks like greasy as hell halway down, then goes full Bozo the clown, you have a huge a problem.
Lool, don't have to tell me twice. Definitely gonna buzz it soon

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, you are starting to be a diffuse thinner.

Keeping hair is easier than regrowing hair.