Is this thing broken, or is everyone on holiday?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Wig is too much. A topper is exactly what it is. Most toupee wearers still have like 50--66% of their own hair I think, so they're not even lying when they say most of the hair is their own still. I've also heard the word HALFWIG in my native language. A hair system is really a weird term and may end up people still thinking that you've got none of your own left anymore, that all is fake.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I should add the price I stated was from a company I probably wouldn't have used before the pandemic, so next time the costs will be lower.

And i only need 1 hair piece per year.

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting to see that the Chinese sellers like Lordhair and LaVivid seem to be trying to habilitate the word "toupee" after several decades when it was in the marketing doghouse

I thought they were just trying to maximize search engine optimization, get all the search terms up there.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like, if you looked for hair on Alibaba 10 years ago it was the same thing, you'd see the word "toupee" a lot.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing is broken as such, but personally I do have some trepidation with the global supply chain problems. Although I am wearing, I am doing my best to stretch out my systems and make them last as long as I can. I have one new system ready to go, which could last me until April/May 2022, and I have 2 systems on order but literally no idea when they will be delivered. One was ordered 6 months ago.

So I'm ticking on by, but with little to report here. My UTS is "OK" and I am extending its life with some colouring either with dye or Back2Natural, and of course with the regular snipping of the 'dead' UTS at the hairline. It's not ideal. But it rarely is. And so we learn to carry on best we can.

I am here, and if I can help with anyone's queries I will of course do my best to assist. It is, at the very least, some comfort to come here and find you guys here with me.