Is This The Most Aggresive Hairloss Ever? | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

Is This The Most Aggresive Hairloss Ever?

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by 17AndBalding, Apr 16, 2017.

1. 17AndBalding

17AndBalding Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just got a haircut, it was a horrible experience having my hairline (or lack there of) exposee, but after some styling I still have pretty good coverage.

Attached Files:

2. InfamousOne

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Your hair loss isn't even bad. I have almost the exact same hairline (from the temples) as you and it doesn't bother me one bit. The thing that bugs me is I have a thinning crown. That shit makes me so insecure, every time I have to bend down or lay on a bench (in the gym) in front of a cute girl, I'm petrified of them staring at it.

How's your crown?

3. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sucks to hear man. My crown is fine at the moment, but it has been itching and burning (it feels like burning anyway) quite a bit since a few months. It was really bad around november/december last year but now it's a lot less. I could post a picture.

4. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How old are you btw, if I may know. Just curious

5. InfamousOne

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Post a picture just to make sure nothing is going on with your crown. I got the itching/burning sensation when I noticed my crown thinning as well. My situation was unusual, as I didn't even know it was thinning until I made an innocent comment about wanting to grow out my hair before I went bald to my barber, and he's like "I don't think you're balding, it's just thinning back here."

Ever since then I've had the burning sensation, like the second I knew it happened... it came with a vengeance. I also feel like my crown had thinned more in the last 6 months than the previous 3 years. Kind of wish my barber never made that comment.

I'm 24 by the way. I started receding around 18-19 I think. Actually maybe 17 too because I had a further hairline than most kids. I'm in a similar situation as you in terms of treatment. Don't want to start Min because of the shed, and the potential of no regrowth and don't want to risk the sides of finasteride.

6. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Here is a pic of my crown.

Attached Files:

7. InfamousOne

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah, your hair loss is fine. I wouldn't even worry about it right now. Most guys on here would love to have that hair, lol. Maybe use Nizorali, but unless it starts progressing fast, I don't think you really need finasteride/Min *right now*. Hopefully a better alternative will come out by the time you do.

8. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah in the back is okay, but I'm still 17, so it should be haha. I hold out this desperate hope that hairloss will slow down after puberty is fully done and my hormone levels check out, but I'm not counting on it. It's just the hairline that worries me a lot. I've Always had a high hairline and it has never been straight, Always had that slight M, but it's thinning for sure.

9. InfamousOne

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It depends how fast its progressing. Around 19 I had the same thing as you, and my temples didn't really progress since.

10. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Let's hope the same counts for me.

11. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just to bump this, since this thread was made my forelock has definitly begun to thin out more. After I take a shower/go swimming my hairloss is incredibly Obvious.. Started minoxidil about a week ago and everyone speaks of an initial shedding period, but I shed very little? Literally 1-2 hairs last shower. Anybody know what that means or am I too quick to Judge and should wait a few weeks to see what's up?

12. Runninghair

Runninghair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Was going to say before i seen the pics to get a haircut. Long hair like in first photos is not good for your type if balding. You see the thinning alot more and stresses you out. Keep it trim like in the new pics and take finasteride and youll be grand for years to come.

13. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey everyone, quick update here. A few months after this thread I started treating my hairline with minoxidil. I started on 2% in July 2017, and switched to 5% in October 2017 (once a day, 1 ml on temples and forelock). As of now (early January 2018) I've observed a pretty significant improvement. The thin forelock has thickened up a lot and my temple areas are filling in. My left temple is still NW2.5ish (this area was the first to thin out a few years ago) but is filled in with hair till the original hairline, albeit it quite thin hair (but not vellus, it is terminal and has gone from vellus to terminal). Apologies for the awful photos that commence, lighting is different and the angle is slightly different, but you should still be able to see the improvement. The first picture is of my right temple 3 months before starting minoxidil (April 2017) and the other one I took today. You can compare them by looking at the birthmark, that's how I compare them anyway.

IMG_20180103_123012.jpg IMG_20180103_123023.jpg

Again, lighting and angle aren't perfect, but I wasn't exactly planning on doing any before or after pics. Tell me what you think of these. I will try to document the rest of my progress and hairline as well, even though I don't have very good pictures. My hair now looks similar to how it did in late 2016. My predictions for how minoxidil will help in the coming months: My forelock will be a tad thicker, my right temple will almost completely recover, but for my left temple I think I waited to long for treatment and I hope for maintenance there.

14. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    And to people who might say "you don't pull back as much as the other pic", I've brushed my hair back and this is how it looks either way. Thanks for checking it out!

15. Runninghair

Runninghair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would get a haircut again mate. Your hairloss is similar to mine and short back and sides are a must. The longish way you have it just draws the eye to the front which is thinner as the back and sides are so bulky.

16. 17AndBalding

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Getting one next week. I can sport the longer hair way better than half a year ago because of minoxidil, but I agree in that shorter hair just works better.