Is this Ridiculous ? (Maximizing Hair Graft Results)

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Introduction

Hey guys, bit of a long post here so bare with me. I will try and make this as coherent and easy to digest as possible, however I'm not a gifted writer and I have a lot of stuff to type out. Basically, this whole post is going to be me asking about the feasibility of a certain approach to maximizing aesthetic results with limited healthy hair follicles.

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of the method of recreating the frontal hairline and frontal areas and not bothering to transplant hair to the crown as it's a bit easier to conceal the crown than it is say the forelock region. I know Chris from Good Looking Loser used this method. He applies Topikk/ general hair concealers to his crown but transplanted a pretty cosmetically significant amount of hairs in his hairline area.

My idea would be taking this concept to the next level basically.

**Keep in mind this is all hypothetical and does not necessarily apply to myself or anyone else.**

Hypothetical Candidate (Candidate A)

-A hair loss sufferer is destined to go Norwood 6. I doubt the feasibility of this at Norwood 7.

-He does not want to use ANY preventative measures (let's say he's very stubborn and ignorant) other than a hair transplant. (Not including Toppik)

-He want's to have some sort of a hairstyle, even if it's not necessarily GREAT looking.

The Haircut / (Hairstyle A).

Nowadays, it is quite common and fashionable (especially in Europe and North America) for men to have short hair on the sides and a bit longer on top. The common theme of this haircut is basically the short/buzzed sides and length on top. A quick Google search of "short on side, long on top" will provide results. However in this scenario, the hairstyle I would suggest that represents my idea would look more like Adam levine in the following link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...port-matching-hats-attend-birthday-party.html

It's the fourth picture down from the top of Adam in black and white shirt. However, Hairstyle A would likely look a little different on the sides to hide scars.

My Suggestion / Question

I am questioning if this haircut could be achieved somewhat using just hair transplant(s) even without other preventative measures. Essentially if "Candidate A" could achieve or come close to achieving "Hairstyle A" with just hair transplants.

The Method

I have attached a picture entitled "The Method A" that would best describe what I am suggesting. I am wondering if hair could be overly harvested in all of the areas that the "Candidate A" would have that are immune to the balding process (red zones). These hairs would be placed in the balding regions (green zones). As you can see in the picture there is still a quite significant bald area in the crown. I will address that and more in the Hiding the Scars/ Aesthetics Section.

The Particulars

Obviously there are numerous aspects of my suggestion that would require evaluation, etc. These include but are not limited to:
-Candidate A being destined for Norwood 7 (this would make hiding scars/ aesthetic results be a problem)
-Hiding the scars (I will make a separate section for this)
-The transplanted hair not looking good (this is basically what I am most curious about).
-Being forced to have short sides for life likely. (more on this in hiding scar section)

Hiding the Scars / Aesthetics

Candidate A would likely have to do the following for this method to work out at all:
-Scalp Micro Pigmentation all along the overly harvested area + possible in the transplanted areas (SMP everywhere essentially)
-Uniform length in the overly harvested area / shorter length as this would require so much hair harvesting it would likely not be able to grow out well
-Possibly a top piece for the crown area / Toppik/ just dealing with having a decent bald spot / could transplant some of the hairs there
-Possibly Toppik in the harvested section to add density.

Final Thoughts
So yeah, to conclude I am under no false pretence that this is a perfect solution or necessarily even an applicable suggestion. I am not sure if in totally bald areas even overly harvested hair from the DHT-immune zones would be render an aesthetically pleasing result. We do not know how future methods would react with these transplanted hairs (though to be fair, that is a concern for any hair transplant). I also would imagine that these scars would not be totally hide able.

However, I am still feeling that if I were Candidate A. I would prefer to deal with all the limitations of the method than be totally bald.

Questions

#1) Would hair collected from all the DHT-immune zones of a stable NW6 be enough to cover the green region in my attached picture/ cover enough to render somewhat decent results combined with Toppik/SMP

#2)Would the overly harvested zones be too noticeable even with Toppik/SMP? Keep in mind this is a subjective question. (Compare the issues with overly harvested zone scars to being totally bald.)

#3)Would the possibility of a crown transplant also be available to Candidate A, or would that be spreading too little hair too far?

I have been toying with this idea for a while and this has taken me about an hour to write (largely do to issues with adding the picture). I would greatly appreciate feedback on this idea, if even the feedback is that this is the dumbest idea you've ever read.

Attachments

• The Method A.png
    The Method A.png
    205 KB · Views: 263

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you just wrote a very intense, in depth essay to ask a very simple question. If a NW7 wants hair like Adam Levine, you would have to over harvest the F*CK out of the donor zone, to the point where it would look "moth-eaten". Even with SMP on the back or on the top, it would not really give the illusion of full density, it would just look weird.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, you just wrote a very intense, in depth essay to ask a very simple question. If a NW7 wants hair like Adam Levine, you would have to over harvest the F*CK out of the donor zone, to the point where it would look "moth-eaten". Even with SMP on the back or on the top, it would not really give the illusion of full density, it would just look weird.

I appreciate the response. However when you say it would not give the illusion of full density, I completely understand that. I am basically wondering how the density would look. I am certainly not saying I would imagine the results to look like Adam Levine. I was just using his hair length and frontal hairline as a reference. I probably should have clarified that. Not everyone needs perfect or necessarily good density to improve their facial aesthetics. I would take thin wispy hair over shaved head all day.

I guess I'm just wondering how dense you could get the NW6 Zones. Keep in mind i'm not saying all over the NW6 Zones. Just the frontal regions as demonstrated in my attached image. More so, wouldn't the "moth-eaten" donor sites be relatively easily correctable with SMP?

Again, I appreciate the response. I am not married to the idea or anything I have just wondered about it for quite some time.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can do an image search of * NW6 hair transplant * and see what has allegedly been done for that level of hair loss. It appears some have had it done and had good results, and some have not. It comes down to how good the donor hair is, just like with NW5 I imagine.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Your red/green diagram hairline looks nothing like Adam Levine's hairline in the photo you refer to.