Is this real or just another fake news? CRISPR/Cas9 Therapy For Androgenic Alopecia: Moogene Medi

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Moogene Medi of South Korea is the first company to formally introduce a CRISPR-based gene editing hair loss therapy to the world. Saw this on tressless
https://www.folliclethought.com/crispr-cas9-therapy-for-androgenic-alopecia-moogene-medi/
If the info on FT isn't enough, why don't you google them? They're a real company with real science, so yes it's real in that sense. What's "fake news" is that it's anywhere close to being a reality for general use.

They say they are 2 years from human trials (or one if you go back to time of that interview), yet they have yet to present any further pre-clinical data or updates on the status of the program. I would say put it in the back of your mind and check on it in a year or so, maybe they will have a completed pre-clinical program.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just finasteride without sides nothing new in terms of improvment .

sides are not the problem of treatments today . Its their the low effect of them .

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

sides are not the problem of treatments today . Its their the low effect of them .
Even a cure with no sides still makes a huge difference, maybe you respond well to finasteride, but what about those with aggressive nw5+ balding genetics that need to take dutasteride? And those that don't even respond good to finasteride? A side free cure will definitely be their savior,

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the info on FT isn't enough, why don't you google them? They're a real company with real science, so yes it's real in that sense. What's "fake news" is that it's anywhere close to being a reality for general use.

They say they are 2 years from human trials (or one if you go back to time of that interview), yet they have yet to present any further pre-clinical data or updates on the status of the program. I would say put it in the back of your mind and check on it in a year or so, maybe they will have a completed pre-clinical program.
So the company is real, but again they are saying to start human trials in 2 years, which sounds very familiar as what Tsuji and every hairloss cure companies telling people since decades ago.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

What? They're literally turning off the AR receptor in the follicle, as in, no possible way of male pattern baldness.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the company is real, but again they are saying to start human trials in 2 years, which sounds very familiar as what Tsuji and every hairloss cure companies telling people since decades ago.
What do you expect? These are all pre-clinical programs.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why he said it is basically finasteride without side effects
No, it would have nothing to do with inhibiting DHT and would make follicles completely immune to androgens. Nothing like finasteride and infinitely more effective.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it would have nothing to do with inhibiting DHT and would make follicles completely immune to androgens. Nothing like finasteride and infinitely more effective.
As you said it is TEMPORARY so it is not a permanent treatment, you have to come back to get another treatment in time to prevent the AR from turning back on, therefore it is no different from taking finasteride everyday for your life except it can 100% stop male pattern baldness for a period of time and doesn't inhibit DHT to cause side effects.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats wrong

You've described something targeting the AR (androgen receptor).. this isn't targeting the AR.

It's targeting SRD5A2, which will most defo inhibit DHT production as your're targetting the gene that encodes for the enzyme that creates DHT.
That's what I get for not re-reading the info, fair enough.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you said it is TEMPORARY so it is not a permanent treatment, you have to come back to get another treatment in time to prevent the AR from turning back on, therefore it is no different from taking finasteride everyday for your life except it can 100% stop male pattern baldness for a period of time and doesn't inhibit DHT to cause side effects.
Probably* temporary but also a "perfect fix" if there was one. Finasteride is not a perfect fix for anyone and we're tasked with taking a systematic drug for a localized problem. This is a targeted approach, so even if it did inhibit DHT it would be in the follicles only, and by temporary we're talking about months if not years between treatments.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's real and it's superior to what we have today, but this and Olix are both so faaaaaaaaaaaaar away. We better be cured before those two ever make it to market.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably* temporary but also a "perfect fix" if there was one. Finasteride is not a perfect fix for anyone and we're tasked with taking a systematic drug for a localized problem. This is a targeted approach, so even if it did inhibit DHT it would be in the follicles only, and by temporary we're talking about months if not years between treatments.
How is that perfect fix when so much ppl keep losing hair on finasteride and dutasteride .

dht is not the real problem of hairloss. My dad has perfect nw1 at age 60 and he has more dht then me .

its our sensetivty that kill our hair and as long no compnay fix this it will be just temp soulotion