Is this possible?

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started using the Foam a few days ago, it's the first time I've used minoxidil. I still have quite a bit of hair to the point where it makes it hard to use because it gets all over the rest of my hair. I'm receeding on the right side on the hairline so I'm just trying to use it there to see if I can get back what has receed over the last 2 yrs or so but my worry is since the foam is getting on my hair that i already have, is it possible that if I stop using the foam that the hair I already had could become minoxidil dependant and fall out just like the hair I could regrow using the minoxidil would if I stopped using it? If that is possible I'm going to stop using it immediately.

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on, 50 ppl have read this, someone has to have had experience with what I'm asking about. Can minoxidil effect the hair you already had before you started using it? I get the foam on my hair i have already, can the hair i have become minoxidil dependant and fall out if I stop using the foam or will it be uneffected since I already had it?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a popular misconception about minoxidil dependacy. it all horseshit. the only hair that depends on minoxidil to survive is hair effected by male pattern baldness. it does not sustain hair that would otherwise grow on its own devices.

i don't get how people whine they don't want to be dependant on it, Its a treatment not a cure. take away the treatment and hair returns back to it natural state, for better or worse. You gotta ask how important is regrowing or keeping your hair?