Is this possible?

G

I have been taking Propecia for 5 weeks now.

After the first week, hairloss stopped, until I reached the first month.

In the beginning of the 5th week, it started falling again. Is this a sign that Propecia started to work? Can Propecia stop my hairloss after the first week? and can Propecia start to work (shedding) in 5th week?

Pob

Reaction score
I honestly don't think that propecia can stop you losing hair within in a week. Your hair naturally goes through cycles of increased and decreased shedding. I'm not sure that you really draw any conclusions from these observations at this stage, good or bad. Stick with it and good luck.

G

yeah, I could not believe my hairloss stopped in 1 week.. It had no sense, but it stopped.. I don't know what it was. but now resumed again :( , I will wait and see what happens.

Another important thing, is that I started losing hair again when I started using toppik, and I put it in my head and let it there for 3 days.. wich i think is harming my hair and my scalp. I will start washing my hair the same day I use toppik. I don't think it's a good idea to leave it more than 12 hours in our scalp and hair.

It is just that i look so great with toppik, that i don't want to wash my hair when I get a shower. :hairy:

G

so? come on guys, don't read, post your opinions... 150 views and only 1 reply.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
I have been taking Propecia for 5 weeks now.

After the first week, hairloss stopped, until I reached the first month.

In the beginning of the 5th week, it started falling again. Is this a sign that Propecia started to work? Can Propecia stop my hairloss after the first week? and can Propecia start to work (shedding) in 5th week?

i really dont think propecia can stop hairloss in the first week. it takes time to lose it and it takes time to grow back. i started having my first shed after about 6 weeks. but i dont think shedding is any measure of the success of propecia. hair cycles are around 2-3 months so you have to be patient and ride out all the bad times. you started propecia so you have to be committed to giving it a full year before you can decide whether it is working or not. be patient, and good luck!

shinycap

Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me when I started propecia 3 months ago. Only it happend on the first day! The day before I started taking it I lost a lot of hairs in the shower. The day After I took my first pill, zero hairs. Then a couple weeks in I started the shed and have been shedding ever since.

beaner

Reaction score
You only think you are losing hair since you've started Toppik....it's because now you are not washing it every day. You are more than likely shedding hair that is just sitting on your scalp without dropping. It's when you finally wash your hair that they are becoming dislodged. Try to wash it daily and I'll bet your hair shedding appears to decrease. Toppik will not make you lose hair.