Is This Possible ? F3ck The 7 Words Rule

NiBBa

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm a 18 yo with a norwood 5 and I’m thinking about doing a FUE transplant. Money ain’t the problem but it seems like most top dogs in this business won’t do a transplant at the age of 18 . because my hairloss isnt “stable" . So my question is what if I would use ALL the hair from my neckline 2 inch up and the same on the side like I got a bald fade. I know it will scar a bit . But I’m black so the scar will be lightbrown and my skin is blak so I could just use smp(hair tatoo). Would that work ? I mean with all that hair I could go for a Norwood = transplant because I got reaaaally thick afro hair ? Is this possible ? What do yall think ?

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm a 18 yo with a norwood 5 and I’m thinking about doing a FUE transplant. Money ain’t the problem but it seems like most top dogs in this business won’t do a transplant at the age of 18 . because my hairloss isnt “stable" . So my question is what if I would use ALL the hair from my neckline 2 inch up and the same on the side like I got a bald fade. I know it will scar a bit . But I’m black so the scar will be lightbrown and my skin is blak so I could just use smp(hair tatoo). Would that work ? I mean with all that hair I could go for a Norwood = transplant because I got reaaaally thick afro hair ? Is this possible ? What do yall think ?

If you're NW5 at 18 just accept the bald life and #prayfortsuji. But you could get a smp and since you're black no one will think it's weird that you have a shaved head.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm a 18 yo

with a norwood 5

and I’m thinking about doing a FUE transplant. Money ain’t the problem but it seems like most top dogs in this business won’t do a transplant at the age of 18 . because my hairloss isnt “stable" . So my question is what if I would use ALL the hair from my neckline 2 inch up and the same on the side like I got a bald fade. I know it will scar a bit . But I’m black so the scar will be lightbrown and my skin is blak so I could just use smp(hair tatoo). Would that work ? I mean with all that hair I could go for a Norwood = transplant because I got reaaaally thick afro hair ? Is this possible ? What do yall think ?
its over

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
puuuuuuuuuuuussssssshhhh

I would get a 1cm decently thick hairline transplanted if I was you to move the least amount of follicles possible because your hairloss isn’t stable at 18. Just have them build you a Norwood 1 hairline and then use a hair system for the rest of your scalp behind the hairline. I think that’s your best option seeing as how your hairloss is extremely aggressive. You will save money, it will look natural, and in the long term be able to repeat the operation if need be.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post some photos of your condition if you want any good advice.

18 is too young for a hair transplant, although if you wait until you are at least 21 there are a couple of reputable surgeons that do hair transplants on younger patients (Dr Bloxham in NY @ Feller & Bloxham)...or by the time you are 21 some of the stuff being in trials for hair loss might be out and available.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are kinda harsh. I mean he is 18 and a Norwood 5 which really sucks.

@NiBBa
Maybe think about using a system until your older and can use finasteride to manage the at risk areas for hair loss. You could use minoxidil to keep those areas strong for now.

I’m not a fan of hair systems but the latest ones do look good and I agree, that might be a good way for op to go for a few years then seek out an hair transplant with a reputable doctor. I’ve seen videos on YouTube of a German salon called Heydecke that posts hair system transformations that look pretty good, search it on YouTube OP.

NiBBa

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@GrowPro @-Synergy- Thanks y'all. A system is no option for me ( lack of freedom , always the fear of getting exposed etc.)

@DHTcel @Me Vs DiffuseThinning Ik y'all got a completely different opinion but for me hair aren't that important. I rocked my whole life short haitcuts like bald fades and never more than an inch on the top. So it wasn't a really shock loosing it. Also I always knew I would get to this point bcoz all my male realtives are nw7 ( both sides) . Also I'm black + live in an europe country and those white niggas don't see a difference if a nigga got a buzzcut or is bald. I don't want to flex. But literally no one told me I would look worse without hair. So I can live with that lmao

The only treatment I'm seriously considering is getting SMP so I can get my face frame back lmao. I'm saving up rn to get it on the best surgeon

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@GrowPro @-Synergy- Thanks y'all. A system is no option for me ( lack of freedom , always the fear of getting exposed etc.)

@DHTcel @Me Vs DiffuseThinning Ik y'all got a completely different opinion but for me hair aren't that important. I rocked my whole life short haitcuts like bald fades and never more than an inch on the top. So it wasn't a really shock loosing it. Also I always knew I would get to this point bcoz all my male realtives are nw7 ( both sides) . Also I'm black + live in an europe country and those white niggas don't see a difference if a nigga got a buzzcut or is bald. I don't want to flex. But literally no one told me I would look worse without hair. So I can live with that lmao

The only treatment I'm seriously considering is getting SMP so I can get my face frame back lmao. I'm saving up rn to get it on the best surgeon

You’re welcome.

Also research on YouTube SMP patients and results as it can be a shady business with the results of a bad SMP looking very obvious and only way to remove is with very expensive laser treatments. So try find a good one and ask them if they can refer you to previous clients and see it on them in person.

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you have thick facial hair / body hair you can get those transplanted - this is a good option if you are nw5 at age 18

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score

If you get SMP, get the temporary kind, "tricopigmentation". I dont know why but the results look so much more realistic than the permanent type of smp.