Is This OK?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll brush my teeth (and floss) and...I occasionally have this urge to drink some fruit juice afterwards. Now, would I have to brush AND floss again after drinking something like that or am I good just brushing and rinsing? How about just using mouthwash for it?

Thanks...personally I think it'd be kind of weird if you have to floss after something like that (especially since like I said, I brushed and flossed right before it anyway), but if that's what's the norm and recommended thing, then I'll do that.

HughJass

Reaction score
probably not a good idea to leave sugar on your teeth overnight. 'They' say that sugars feed oral bacteria the most.

if it's orange juice then don't brush your teeth again straight after. If you want to brush after juice, rinse with water after the juice to neutralize the citric acid then brush otherwise you'll damage the enamel on your teeth.

why do you get sugar cravings after brushing your teeth?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
probably not a good idea to leave sugar on your teeth overnight. 'They' say that sugars feed oral bacteria the most.
Would this happen if I mouthwashed afterwards?

What about mouthwashing and brushing? Or how about just brushing?

Do I need to floss, brush and mouthwash after doing this? Keep in mind I fully did the 3 steps after eating already. After that, I drank juice. Just wondering what're the things I have to do to just take care of the juice.

aussieavodart said:
if it's orange juice then don't brush your teeth again straight after. If you want to brush after juice, rinse with water after the juice to neutralize the citric acid then brush otherwise you'll damage the enamel on your teeth.
...:(

aussieavodart said:
why do you get sugar cravings after brushing your teeth?
Doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. Actually this will happen if I forgot to drink some kind of juice during my meal and I get reminded of the craving afterwards.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Brushing is important but you are making it too complicated for yourself. You don't have to do 3 steps every single time, flossing and mouthwash aren't as important.

Just brush quickly to get rid off the sugar and you'll be fine.. The whole idea is to not leave any sugar that the bacteria can feed on.