is this nw3?

g.i joey

Reaction score
pretty sure i went from solid nw2 to nw3 in 3 months since diminishing my finasteride dose and eventually terminating any ingestion of it.

I am now ready to get back on treatments, this is my plan:

topical finasteride/min solution once a day, either .5mg or 1mg equivalent per day, gotta go get my solution this week.
low dose oral finasteride .25-.5mg/day
min alone in the morning.

I am still debating if i will take min in the morning, cause i enjoy being able to style my hair nicely for the day. My front forelock is super thin and if i let it go i will get almost no more coverage in well lit rooms, i feel im at the breaking point now so i will have to get on a serious regimen.

is there a chance of me thickening up the front?

Would you guys consider this nw3?

- - - Updated - - -

my crown is quite strong, thinner but still going pretty strong actually, its my front that is currently getting wrecked.

Last edited:

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah, 2.5 at worst man. Still have lots of hair.

Try a dose on finasteride you feel comfortable with, and I feel minoxidil twice a day can do quite a bit.

This guy is a NW3.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 8,252

g.i joey

Reaction score
ive been on .25-.3mg/day of finasteride for about a week now, maybe skipped a day or 2 for what its worth but have been consistent for the past 4 days, hoping the topical solution could give me that extra push without ingesting too much orally.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, 2.5 at worst man. Still have lots of hair.

i know it appears so, but sometimes in my bathroom my hair is see through in the front, it fkn kills me man when i see that lol, i just really wanna thicken the front up

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
You make thing way too difficult man lol. Pop 0.2mg daily or something like 0.5mg MWF, since you have problems at higher dosages. Maintain your hair as it is and you are done. Forget about checking up your hair daily.

hair transplant in the future and you are done. You ain't getting your hairline back anyway. Got to adopt the eunuch lifestyle for that, and even then chances are slim.

g.i joey

Reaction score
im completely cool with keeping my hairline the way it is, i just want proper density in the front, i fkn hate it, as soon as i go longer than 2 weeks without a cut it starts getting so ugly in front, i just want that distributed solid density FK.

Swoop, id wanna take .5 m/w/f but i dont feel its enough tbh. you are completely right though i make things so difficult but i honestly feel like with a drug like finasteride theres a sweet spot you could hit, where your hair could maintain and you have MINIMAL sides and i guess im kinda chasing the dragon with it lol...

shookwun

Reaction score
One of your temples is a NW3, and other is NW2.

You're heading for an advanced NW3 by the looks of it.

g.i joey

Reaction score
If I don't do anything about it I'm nw6 by 28, I'm currently 23. My brother made it to 30 with a solid nw2 with propecia so I gotta figure something out asap, all I know is I'm hoping topical finasteride could gimme that extra push and get some thickening going on, I'm ok with maintenance and slight thickening.

Sweeping

Reaction score
You make thing way too difficult man lol. Pop 0.2mg daily or something like 0.5mg MWF, since you have problems at higher dosages. Maintain your hair as it is and you are done. Forget about checking up your hair daily.

hair transplant in the future and you are done. You ain't getting your hairline back anyway. Got to adopt the eunuch lifestyle for that, and even then chances are slim.
You f*cking piece of sh*t sellout. Says "you aint getting your hairline back anyway," but then claims much better hairline regrowth stories than swissTemples.. So which one is it f*ggot?
G.I. Joeys recession isnt bad at all, plus his temples dont seem slick bald yet. He can halt and regrow on finasteride and minoxidil.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Lmaoo I think swoop is implying that I won't get a solid hairline back and I'm completely aware of that. I just want to gain some density on my existing hairline. My hair looks ok when styled but when I pull it back it's hard to look at lol

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
You f*cking piece of sh*t sellout. Says "you aint getting your hairline back anyway," but then claims much better hairline regrowth stories than swissTemples.. So which one is it f*ggot?
G.I. Joeys recession isnt bad at all, plus his temples dont seem slick bald yet. He can halt and regrow on finasteride and minoxidil.

Did I say that his recession is bad? I told him his hair is extremely solid in the past. Why do you get so emotional man? Is the dutasteride influencing your mood? Estrogen spiking? Haha, you little cute girl..

g.i joey

Reaction score
LMAOOOO, i feel like sweeping is the chinese knock off version of Swoop, similar names, gyno in sweepings pic.

guys relax, dont fight over me. my hair is not extremely solid though thats for sure.

Sweeping

Reaction score
Did I say that his recession is bad? I told him his hair is extremely solid in the past. Why do you get so emotional man? Is the dutasteride influencing your mood? Estrogen spiking? Haha, you little cute girl..
Doesnt even respond to my main point.

Just tryna be as cute of a girl as you.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Still looks good top down, wish I could pull that off sadly my entire freaking head thinned out.

shookwun

Reaction score
Time to go see Rahal.

MoBishop

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair still looks good man, so I'm glad you're on a treatment plan. If I were you, I'd wear it down and not worry. I second shookwun. Your left temple seems to be closer to NW3 than your right

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's looks like you're maintaining pretty well, you have a WAY better hairline than I do. Your density looks good too, and your forelock still seems pretty intact. I wouldn't worry too much right now but do always keep a sharp eye on your hair, and making sure Finasteride is still working for you effectively.

It can still take many more weeks or even months for the tiny pigmented hairs on your hairline to thicken up, so you'll need to keep being patient with your hair. Other than that, all is looking decent. :)

shookwun

Reaction score
NW3 bound.

How is your vertex holding up? pay close attention to the vertex and you forelock for any zigzag lines of diffusion through the middle.

Usually male pattern baldness goes in sequence.

g.i joey

Reaction score
my crown is amazing, even with low dose finasteride my crown held up, i seem to be going quick at the hairline, but my crown just has a bit of thinning but nothing noticeable at all.

I really hope i get just a tiny bit more thickness in the front id be so happy!

btw i go my sides faded really short in the newest pic so i think it accentuates my arrival to nw3

- - - Updated - - -

if those tiny hair do come through ill prob be back to norwood 2 or a steady 2.5