Is this male patter baldness? *pictures*

Iwmyk

Reaction score
Hi im 18 and lately ive been experiecing thinnign og my hair it looks kind of messy and too dry and it feels to thin in some place, mainly on the lower sides.

Pictures:

Front:

front25lb.jpg

front30bj.jpg

front1ok.jpg

Upperside:

upperside9sa.jpg

Lowerside:

side7tx.jpg

Top:

top9nf.jpg
[/img]

Is this male pattern baldness or something else like Telogen Effluvium? I doesnt look look to me as this follow the tradisional patter as its worst on the lover side, nothing at all on the top and little on front/crowns?[/url]

jeffsss

Reaction score
if it feels real thin then probabaly.

you still have a lot of hair. Mine is a little worse than yours and my derm reccomended propecia. it'll help keep the hair you have.

look into it.

G

You do look to be in the beginning stages of male pattern baldness, but its not bad at all and as young as you are I wouldnt start propecia yet. It was smart taking pictures so what I would do is wait another year and take more pictures and if you can see a noticable difference, then start the finasteride. In the meantime, use some good quality shampoo and conditioner, exercise, and eat healthy.

SE-freak

Reaction score
You are so lucky you are here so early and aware of the options.
Your hair looks great. Keep taking pictures, eat healthy and exercise.

But never, never let denial blind you.

Iwmyk

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies!
So you think i should wait and see? Thats good beacuse im affraid dht altering pills would not be good for me since im still in the later phases of pubery.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Iwmyk said:
Thanks all for the replies!
So you think i should wait and see? Thats good beacuse im affraid dht altering pills would not be good for me since im still in the later phases of pubery.

Yes, you now have an eye for change. You took fotos, so monitor your hairline for changes. Do some reading on nutrition, cut out sugar and attain a healthy lifestyle. This will benefit you in the long run, and I am not talking about hair only here.

Relax and enjoy life- just keep an eye on things. :)

viperfish

Reaction score
Are you kidding????? :roll: Your hair is fine man. Your pictures make me feel like sh*t! :lol:

dan65

Reaction score
that is definitely the beginning of male pattern baldness. you have caught it very early. you still have a ton of hair left. if i were you i WOULD get on propecia, my brother and i are both on it and we're pretty young too 22 and 19. we both have a lot of hair left, i just wish i had gotten on it when i was 18 or so, i feel that way i would never have to think about my hair, now i worry about it a little. go see a reputable hair transplant Doctor and i guarantee, that if he sees you are concerned he'll prescribe finasteride for you.

eek

Reaction score
some people gotta lay off the crackpipe. Visiting this website and probing everyone's hair makes some of you guys paranoid it seems.
His temples are fine. For all we know, this is his normal hairline. If you think he's got hairloss, then about 90% of men have hairloss, and same goes for women. Some people, especially women, haven't got that much frontal hair. If anything his loss is frontal, the temples are fine. yeeech.

A

Administrator

Iwmyk -

Welcome to the forums. Clearly you have a high hairline already. I have the same situation. But I was born this way. I can trick some people into thinking I've lost an inch off my hairline if I really wanted to because its so high. So you should clarify this for us.

Your hairline itself shows none of the signs of male pattern baldness. The only picture that I would wonder about is the one where you've separated your hair and show the density. Like someone said above, half the population of China has hair thinner than that by default, but only you know if that is thinner than normal *for you*.

We can't answer that.

I would advise not jumping onto Propecia until you are 10,000% sure you're losing your hair. Some telltale signs include massive shedding on specific days that you've never seen the likes of before. Your hair is already long so the clogged drain trick wont work for you. Its probably always clogged :)

HairLossTalk.com Admin

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, I remember that about 20 my hairline did the first change to a norwood 1ish (the normal male temple recession with flat straight middle). It stayed at that point for 12 years :). NOw it is just starting again, still at a norwood 1 but i can tell its starting the slow march to 2, hoping propecia/finasteride is going to slow it down.

After 9 months, I am not so sure I am a responder...I could up the dosage..but I rather not :)

Iwmyk

Reaction score
Hello thanks for all the replies!

My hairline has always been around there although lately it looks to me as though its esier to see through the hair closest to the hairline. I know it might look normal but my hair as always been very thick and now it feels alot thinner.

Also some of the hair feels almost "cripsy" when i sques it. As for shedding i somtime drop a hair on my keyboard when i drag my hand trough the hair but theres never hair on my pillow/ in bed when i wake up. But then ive never noticed hair falling off me ever before.

Also ive got very dry hair and it seem to have gotten even dryer now i can go almost a week without it getting greasy if i dont wash it.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Iwmyk said:
Also some of the hair feels almost "cripsy" when i sques it.

The raw material(healthy follicles) is all around. Improve your nutrition(correct omega-3/omega-6 ratio, olive oil, occasional fish, vegetables) and you will see a difference in texture quality after some months. Problems start when follicles go out of whack and stop working.