Is This Just My Cowlick Or Is It The Start Of A Bald Spot?

Lew

My Regimen
Reaction score
24 m here, i have an uncle who started loosing their hair in their late 30's/early 40s, Is this just my cowlick or is it the start of a bald spot? also the lighting in the room is super bright so im not sure if its making it look worse and the hair in the 2nd pic is wet
Many thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1vd91Lm.jpg
    1vd91Lm.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 256
  • ni36jdk.jpg
    ni36jdk.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 240

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like it, yes. But the easiest way to check if you have Androgenetic Alopecia is going to see a dermathologist. He'll tell you.

He'll put you on Finasteride and it will probably be enough.

Reactions: Lew

Lew

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like it, yes. But the easiest way to check if you have Androgenetic Alopecia is going to see a dermathologist. He'll tell you.

He'll put you on Finasteride and it will probably be enough.
Thank you so much, thats put me at ease and ive got an appointment with a gp for other stuff and ill ask if they can take a look at it

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much, thats put me at ease and ive got an appointment with a gp for other stuff and ill ask if they can take a look at it

One of the keys to fight Androgenetic Alopecia is timing. Getting on Finas as soon as you see something wrong with your hair will save you years and years of hair loss. Combine Finas with vitamins, good food, 8 hours of sleep, sport, etc. Take care of your body and you hair will feel it as well.

Minoxidil is really good combined with Finas, but IMO is not good on the long run. Your hair becomes too dependant on it, and as soon as you drop it you'll have one hell of a shedding. That's why I don't use it as much as Finas, vitamins, good shampoo, good food and healthy lifestyle.

Lew

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the keys to fight Androgenetic Alopecia is timing. Getting on Finas as soon as you see something wrong with your hair will save you years and years of hair loss. Combine Finas with vitamins, good food, 8 hours of sleep, sport, etc. Take care of your body and you hair will feel it as well.

Minoxidil is really good combined with Finas, but IMO is not good on the long run. Your hair becomes too dependant on it, and as soon as you drop it you'll have one hell of a shedding. That's why I don't use it as much as Finas, vitamins, good shampoo, good food and healthy lifestyle.
thats a really good shout thank you :), i looks into finas and can get a pretty cheep prescription, out of interest did you say yes to it balding or yes to it looking like a cowlick?

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats a really good shout thank you :), i looks into finas and can get a pretty cheep prescription, out of interest did you say yes to it balding or yes to it looking like a cowlick?

My kind of Androgenetic Alopecia is difuse one; I'm not really receding at the temples but more at the crown of my head. And while I'm a bit worse than you, your crown looks pretty much like my one did a year ago.

As I told you, go see the doctor asap. He's the one that will tell you. To me, it looks like some small thinning which is related to the first stages of Androgenetic Alopecia. It's not really that bad; some Finasteride will help you a lot.

Lew

My Regimen
Reaction score
My kind of Androgenetic Alopecia is difuse one; I'm not really receding at the temples but more at the crown of my head. And while I'm a bit worse than you, your crown looks pretty much like my one did a year ago.

As I told you, go see the doctor asap. He's the one that will tell you. To me, it looks like some small thinning which is related to the first stages of Androgenetic Alopecia. It's not really that bad; some Finasteride will help you a lot.
aaah right sweet :) thanks for the advice ill jump on that

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you would have just posted the first picture I would say you were fine but the second picture shows the start of some thinning.