Is this DUPA? (Reduced density but can't see any miniaturization)

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_20210524_141614.jpg
IMG_20210527_154816.jpg
IMG_20210527_154903.jpg
IMG_20210529_170605.jpg
IMG_20210529_170659.jpg

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on it for 3 years now. But it's just getting worse. I don't honestly understand what's happening like the hair loss isn't consistent, I get these random shedding phases and they just randomly stop on their own but I'm not able to grow them back.

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you look with a full head of grown-out hair? trimmed shorthairs can cause an optical illusion because the hairs stick straight up and it will look thinner as a result

jazz1

Reaction score
I have been on it for 3 years now. But it's just getting worse. I don't honestly understand what's happening like the hair loss isn't consistent, I get these random shedding phases and they just randomly stop on their own but I'm not able to grow them back.
You switch brands? Or still using the same brand….

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello there,

i just readed an interesting post Propecia and 5AR1 | HairLossTalk Forums toward finasteride, as we know fina block only type 2 of the 5ar enzyme. However type 1 5ar is present on the skin/ scalp and hair. Then i think it is possible that the increase of T that fina causes when it block 5ar2 might increase the activity of the 5ar type 1 which is present in your hair an skin, that's could explain why fina did't have any effect on dupa hairloss and maybe caused also an increase of acne for some of us. Maybe us duppa sufferer can be fucked up equally by 5ar1 and 5ar2

Thats why i am asking if any dupa sufferer out there tried dutasteride or topical dutasteride sell by minoxidil max. Dutasteride seems to block type 1 and 2 of 5ar.

I found one post who claim to have stopped his hairloss with duta :
Was dutasteride the right call for someone with DUPA? | HairLossTalk Forums

any thought so far ?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello there,

i just readed an interesting post Propecia and 5AR1 | HairLossTalk Forums toward finasteride, as we know fina block only type 2 of the 5ar enzyme. However type 1 5ar is present on the skin/ scalp and hair. Then i think it is possible that the increase of T that fina causes when it block 5ar2 might increase the activity of the 5ar type 1 which is present in your hair an skin, that's could explain why fina did't have any effect on dupa hairloss and maybe caused also an increase of acne for some of us. Maybe us duppa sufferer can be fucked up equally by 5ar1 and 5ar2

Thats why i am asking if any dupa sufferer out there tried dutasteride or topical dutasteride sell by minoxidil max. Dutasteride seems to block type 1 and 2 of 5ar.

I found one post who claim to have stopped his hairloss with duta :
Was dutasteride the right call for someone with DUPA? | HairLossTalk Forums

any thought so far ?
Type 2 is also in the scalp and the idea of finasteride was to lower dht levels but not completely crash it. For many people, lowering dht to 30% is sufficient in stopping hair loss. For those who fail to stop it move on to dutasteride.

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem is I think finasteride was initially maintaining the density but idk for the past 1.5 year the shedding has been consistent. I went to a doctor last month, I don't know how experienced she was but she didn't think it was dht related. She started me on D3 and B12 supplements for a month and asked me to get blood report on them and it turns out that I am severely deficient.

I'll take both of them for now (finasteride and the supplements) and let's see if this works out.

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I have same kind of hair loss already 4 years, I am 24 as well, my donor area is thinning as well, I don't visit doctors here just because I tried once 4 years ago and for them every kind of hair loss about man is dht related, slowly it is getting worse in my case as well, hairline looks more or less good but lately it started hitting as well, could you please keep us updated about your case, thanks.

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I have same kind of hair loss already 4 years, I am 24 as well, my donor area is thinning as well, I don't visit doctors here just because I tried once 4 years ago and for them every kind of hair loss about man is dht related, slowly it is getting worse in my case as well, hairline looks more or less good but lately it started hitting as well, could you please keep us updated about your case, thanks.
Hey, check this video -
I think I have the similar condition because my vitamin D3 level was around 10 ng/ml, and I also had some other d3 symptoms.
Get yourself tested, and if your levels are below 15, I think you'll benefit from the supplements too because d3 deficiency can reduce the effectiveness of 5-AR inhibitors. Just don't drop your previous regimen because, in any case, hair loss is mostly DHT related.
(Start on finasteride if you're not already on it)

sherlockva

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, check this video -
I think I have the similar condition because my vitamin D3 level was around 10 ng/ml, and I also had some other d3 symptoms.
Get yourself tested, and if your levels are below 15, I think you'll benefit from the supplements too because d3 deficiency can reduce the effectiveness of 5-AR inhibitors. Just don't drop your previous regimen because, in any case, hair loss is mostly DHT related.
(Start on finasteride if you're not already on it)
Hi, I am also thinking that I am suffering from DUPA as well as a receding hairline. I am just 20 though. It's aggressive, right? I am on 3 months on finasteride and a month on minoxidil (only at front for hairline). I am still shedding a lot and I think I do have Vit. D deficiency cause I spend all my time indoors only. I will get my blood work done for sure but at this point, I don't find any other reason for hair shedding. Can I post my hair pics inhere? just to show you guys as getting to know your views on it will help me.

Btw Rahuls what brand are you taking for vitamin D3? Asking cause I am from India as well.

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I am also thinking that I am suffering from DUPA as well as a receding hairline. I am just 20 though. It's aggressive, right? I am on 3 months on finasteride and a month on minoxidil (only at front for hairline). I am still shedding a lot and I think I do have Vit. D deficiency cause I spend all my time indoors only. I will get my blood work done for sure but at this point, I don't find any other reason for hair shedding. Can I post my hair pics inhere? just to show you guys as getting to know your views on it will help me.

Btw Rahuls what brand are you taking for vitamin D3? Asking cause I am from India as well.
If you have a receding hairline then its male pattern baldness for sure, give finasteride atleast 6 more months. And for D3, you should get the blood work done first and only then start on supplements. (You can also get hair loss from vitamin toxicity)

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: So I grew my hair a bit to show you guys. Shedding stopped for a month in August and started again this month.

This is how my hair look now when I wake up -

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.47 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.47 PM (1).jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 91
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.47 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.47 PM (2).jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 93
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.47 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.47 PM.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 77
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM (1).jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 77
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 75

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
After shampooing -

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM (1).jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 76
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM (2).jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 75
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.48 PM.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 73
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.49 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.49 PM (1).jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 78
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.49 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 3.06.49 PM.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 77

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
My derm diagnosed it as the chronic telogen effluvium but let me know what you guys think?

rahuls

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started oral minoxidil about a month ago. I'll post updates if the density gets any better. Also let me know what you think this actually is? Can it be DUPA or the CTE?