Is This Diffuse Thinning? Or Something Else?

ATLAS___

My Regimen
Reaction score
As the title asks, if this diffuse thinning? I've noticed this after my hair cut but I've also learned that dupa is genetic. My dad didn't have this type of hair loss nor my grandparents on either side of my family. Any response is appreciated.
My situation:
Ive noticed some extreme shedding since may- June. I've since then done blood tests and detemrined that I have borderline hypothyroidism. I'm also suffering for seborrhase dermatitis. And have been extremely stressed from April. ( Tremors, extreme anxiety... Etc)

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_111436.jpg
    IMG_20180815_111436.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20180815_111455.jpg
    IMG_20180815_111455.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 318

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering that your hair loss appears to be on the sides, it wouldn't be considered standard diffuse thinning. Your thyroid may be the problem there. Dermatitis too. Wouldn't necessarily say it's male pattern baldness. If you had male pattern baldness, your sides wouldn't look like that.

ATLAS___

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering that your hair loss appears to be on the sides, it wouldn't be considered standard diffuse thinning. Your thyroid may be the problem there. Dermatitis too. Wouldn't necessarily say it's male pattern baldness. If you had male pattern baldness, your sides wouldn't look like that.

Thank you.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss started : thinning above the ears ... then the top.
Be careful.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ATLAS___ : I don't know, I'm adopted. Because male pattern baldness + diffuse hair loss is genetic. My thyroid is ok, iron, vit d ... everything is ok.
You should wait to make sure you're losing your hair. I saw a lot of young guys with some thinning hair above the ears, don't know if it's a bad sign.

ATLAS___

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ATLAS___ : I don't know, I'm adopted. Because male pattern baldness + diffuse hair loss is genetic. My thyroid is ok, iron, vit d ... everything is ok.
You should wait to make sure you're losing your hair. I saw a lot of young guys with some thinning hair above the ears, don't know if it's a bad sign.

Yeah my thyroid was recorded as borderline hypothyroidism. And I've noticed some shedding for the past few months. My hairline and crown are relatively untouched. I'll definitely wait and see since I can't take any medication until I get another blood test.

ATLAS___

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I've noticed that some hair that I shed have a weird bend to it. Not too sure what that is about.

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_090031.jpg
    IMG_20180816_090031.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 186