Is This Diffuse Thinning? I'm Only 23

Jtay151

Reaction score
Noticed my hairline started to slight reseed at the temples about a year ago. Been watching it since then I'm thinking the entire front of my hair is thinning out. Similar to how Lebron James's did. I think..

There's history of baldness on my moms side and not my dads. No one has gone bald this young though. My grandpa is 65 and is just now starting to thin.

What do you think? Here's some pics of different angles.

Went to a derm 4 months ago and she confirmed thinning at temples but didn't notice it in the front.

Should I start finasteride? If I do, what are the chances of me keeping what I have, and chances of side effects? Not worried about regrowth since I haven't lost much yet. Just want to maintain my hair.. I'm too young to go bald.

Attachments

• IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3299.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_3301.JPG
    IMG_3301.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3300.JPG
    IMG_3300.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3302.JPG
    IMG_3302.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_3305.JPG
    IMG_3305.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 351

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like said biddybomb, you are a NW1, you doesn't have male pattern baldness

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are fine, like the other two said possibly Norwood 1 nothing minoxidil cant fix. If i were you, id go to your primary Doctor an ask if they recommend minoxidil. apply it twice a day, i recommend the foam for you. at the very least use a ketoconozale shampoo

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticed my hairline started to slight reseed at the temples about a year ago. Been watching it since then I'm thinking the entire front of my hair is thinning out. Similar to how Lebron James's did. I think..

There's history of baldness on my moms side and not my dads. No one has gone bald this young though. My grandpa is 65 and is just now starting to thin.

What do you think? Here's some pics of different angles.

Went to a derm 4 months ago and she confirmed thinning at temples but didn't notice it in the front.

Should I start finasteride? If I do, what are the chances of me keeping what I have, and chances of side effects? Not worried about regrowth since I haven't lost much yet. Just want to maintain my hair.. I'm too young to go bald.

@Xander94

Jtay151

Reaction score
you are fine, like the other two said possibly Norwood 1 nothing minoxidil cant fix. If i were you, id go to your primary Doctor an ask if they recommend minoxidil. apply it twice a day, i recommend the foam for you. at the very least use a ketoconozale shampoo

My derm actually did recommend it but I've been putting it off. I'm gonna pick some up tomorrow though. Do I want to apply it to the entire top of my head or just the frontal hairline? Should I wait to start finasteride or start it asap?

Jtay151

Reaction score
i think its norwood 2. Your hairline is actually receeding.
Start treatment as soon as possible. otherwise you will be bald.

Here it is brushed back. You can see it's losing density. If I start the min/finasteride combo within a month, would I have a good chance of stopping the hairloss. Not worried too much about regaining any hair cause I haven't lost much. I just want to keep it

Attachments

• IMG_3329.JPG
    IMG_3329.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 206

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
My derm actually did recommend it but I've been putting it off. I'm gonna pick some up tomorrow though. Do I want to apply it to the entire top of my head or just the frontal hairline? Should I wait to start finasteride or start it asap?

Im pretty sure with a keto shampoo and minoxidil youll be fine for a bit. id apply the minoxidil just to the thinning areas unless its diffuse (thinning everywhere). the foam is easiest to apply and you can tell when you should stop rubbing it in because it dries fast (thats when i applying it), liquid minoxidil has slightly better penetration into the skin but is messier and takes about an hour to dry.

id wait on finasteride honestly, keep on eye on your hairloss thought if it gets worst start immediately dont hesitate

- im not a doctor, take my advice with a grain of salt

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We can't really know without a before picture, I wouldn't quite say it's NW2 but it's closer to that than a perfect NW1, so that could be a sign.