is this considered a shed ?

zeddy

Reaction score
have been applying minoxidil for 2months and no shed since beginning, now in the morning when i apply minoxidil i get like 50 hairs only in the front and temples mostly hairs and the evening like 20 hairs, i am really curious if this is actual shed or seasonal shed, because i didn't had initial shed with minoxidil, and only weak hair is failling down(short and not very pigmented) and 1-2 terminal hairs, my hair is now alot worse i have almost bald patches in front. :sad: :turned::turned:

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
have been applying minoxidil for 2months and no shed since beginning, now in the morning when i apply minoxidil i get like 50 hairs only in the front and temples mostly hairs and the evening like 20 hairs, i am really curious if this is actual shed or seasonal shed, because i didn't had initial shed with minoxidil, and only weak hair is failling down(short and not very pigmented) and 1-2 terminal hairs, my hair is now alot worse i have almost bald patches in front. :sad: :turned::turned:

minoxidil DOES cause a shed, but IMHO should be used with something that stops hair loss--like finasteride. If not finasteride, you should at least use a topical like s5 cream.