Is this company's products of any significance?

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was googling hairloss stuff I came across www.promocell.com and some of them products they sell have a link to follicle dermal papilla cells and other stuff.

I'm not one of the more clued-up guys on this forum so would any of the more experienced posters have a look?

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Not directly hairloss, but i emailed them a while back, explained i'm a hairloss sufferer etc, got an email back telling me to ring them. :dunno:

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that Europe is a little more advanced then the U.S. in Stem Cell research, you could thank the Bush Admin for that, so European companies selling cell cultures to our Universities and Biotech companies should come as no surprise. I know there is stem cell research at this moment with human trials on attempting to reset the human immune system in people with autoimmune diseases. Other than that, I have no idea what these cultures would be used for.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
tonyj said:
I know there is stem cell research at this moment with human trials on attempting to reset the human immune system in people with autoimmune diseases. Other than that, I have no idea what these cultures would be used for.
I guess also research on tissue restoration generally. This is what stem cells are used for by our organism. A hair loss treatment would come as a byproduct of such research in a distant future.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stem cells are out of the question due to human idiocy
can't do the research in Europe
the US are also too religious
so pretty much if you are looking at stem cells therapies you are looking at japan, but that work will be in japanese
we have too much trouble using stem cells to save lives, people will be less willing to use them to save hair

anyway using stem cells for hairloss is like eating pizza with a spoon, we have the cells go grow hair, it's just they are not working properly

hmm i think this forum is going to be pretty silent in terms of breakthrough for about 6 months.....ari ending phase 2 and replicel ending phase 1

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
dimitar_berbagod said:
And did you...?

What did they say?

I never in the end. Her email sounded desperate, which just made think it was a it dodgy or she was going to be a really pushy salesperson. Maybe i should've at least given it a go.