Is this balding?

Ninobrown01

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 25 and have no record of family balding, I just noticed this last week! My friend said it was a cowlick but idk! This pic is straight out of the shower. Thanks for any answers!

Attachments

• 20201207_181853.jpg
    20201207_181853.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 323

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah bro you’re starting to thin out. Can you post a pic of your hair when it’s dry?

Finasteride would keep your hair as it is for many years (most likely). But if you don’t get on it, it will deteriorate pretty rapidly (in a year it will most likely be significantly worse).

Ninobrown01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks! It's crazy because I never notice hair on my fingers or anything when taking a shower, this is when it's dry.

Attachments

• 20201123_191224.jpg
    20201123_191224.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 250

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s an extreme difference between wet and dry. You are thinning, but not that badly. Some guys lose a lot, other guys just a little. Take care of yourself, you look well as it is now.

Ninobrown01

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s an extreme difference between wet and dry. You are thinning, but not that badly. Some guys lose a lot, other guys just a little. Take care of yourself, you look well as it is now.
Thank you sir! I was really worried, because I've noticed when I run my fingers all the way down my hair, there comes a point when it feels significantly shorter, and I just turned 25, so I'm freaking out over the possibility of losing my hair so you'd say I may not need finasteride or something like that? Here's a better pic when it's dry

Attachments

• 20201211_183155.jpg
    20201211_183155.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 189

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea definitely thinner in that area. Finasteride is recommended for a chance to halt or slow further progression. The more time that amounts in which you are not on it the more hair you will (likely) lose. Your decision at the end of the day based upon your value for your hair.

jazz1

Reaction score
What about considering the BIG3 or Topical Finasteride?

Ninobrown01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea definitely thinner in that area. Finasteride is recommended for a chance to halt or slow further progression. The more time that amounts in which you are not on it the more hair you will (likely) lose. Your decision at the end of the day based upon your value for your hair.
Will finasteride actually grow it back? I'm kinda bummed because I never see hairs when I shower or wake up after sleeping

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will finasteride actually grow it back? I'm kinda bummed because I never see hairs when I shower or wake up after sleeping
No finasteride by itself will likely not grow anything back. However it’ll do a great job (statistically) at slowing your progress or stopping it completely. If you want a chance for regrowth, add minoxidil. With the two you should see some regrowth. If you want to step your game up even more from there add microneedling.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you sir! I was really worried, because I've noticed when I run my fingers all the way down my hair, there comes a point when it feels significantly shorter, and I just turned 25, so I'm freaking out over the possibility of losing my hair so you'd say I may not need finasteride or something like that? Here's a better pic when it's dry

Yep, clearly balding at the crown. It looks worse wet, of course, but it's definetly thinning.

Ninobrown01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can it get like that so fast? I took a picture at work about 8 months ago, and my crown was full of hair, it's weird

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can it get like that so fast? I took a picture at work about 8 months ago, and my crown was full of hair, it's weird
It can get even worse if you don't do anything about it.Ignore those guys who recommend minoxidil.Just take finasteride and start microneedeling with natural oils once a week,If you see no regrowth after 6 months than you should maybe use minoxidil.

Again,its not like we are pushing you into taking finasteride.A lot of guys on this forum regret not taking finasteride earlier because they lost so much hair.If you care about your hair,and it plays a huge role in your life just take it.Some of us cant ''just shave it''.