Is This Balding Or Just My Imagination / Fears?

Coop534

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been going through a but of a crisis around aging (and dying).

I recently noticed that my hair seems to be thinning, but I'm not sure if that is what is going on or i am just freaking myself out about aging.

I'm 38, and my mothers father started losing his hair around this age.

I had a little bit of temple hairline recession, but it's moved pretty slowly, and I was fine with that.

Now it seems to be making inroads, and I think I'm seeing a lot of thinning when compared to sides.

Let me know what you think, and if it is thinning, is this something Rogaine could help (scared of side effects of finasteride)?

Attachments

• 20180101_145823.jpg
    20180101_145823.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 20180103_082610.jpg
    20180103_082610.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 268

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello.. comparing to the sides of your hair im very unfortunate to say that I think you're balding. Although I do believe that you would be a good candidate for Propecia, minoxidil and Ketoconazole since you are at a good age of starting the treatments and your hairloss seems to be rather mild.

Rogaine can help but doesn't fix the actual issue of Hairloss, which is caused by DHT. Propecia works as an DHT-inhibitor and prevents further hairloss. If you want to know more about treatments/options you can always contact a dermatologist/read more about it in the Men's Solution on this website.

I hope this was of any help.. best of luck

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
With that pattern, you're destined for Norwood 5. You can see the classic Y shape where you are getting left with a little island of hair. Your looks can go downhill very quickly from this stage. Jump on treatment asap