Is this a wig? Ron Asheton from "The Stooges"

G

The guitar player of the legendary Stooges. He is like 60 years old ans his hair (?) looks like that.

387171.jpeg

s.a.f

Reaction score
Probably like most rockers his age.

s.a.f

Reaction score
No him having much better hair than about 80+% of other 60 yr olds. Maybe he's just one of the lucky few but is'nt it strange how nearly all 60 + rockers are one of the lucky few? :roll:

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if its a system, so if it is then its not bad....not that I would want my hair in that style.

But it is true that all Music and film people still doing it in the main have great hair..and not all of them have kept a NW1-2 and colour that's for sure.

Thin Jim

Reaction score
i just saw this guy on Jonathon Ross (TV show in the UK), and he blatantly wears a wig. I feel bad for the guy cause it looks awfull. You can tell by his hairline and his non existent sideburns. It looks awful for a guy his age, just doesnt look right. Someone should point him in the directin of a proffessional cause it could look so much better. Less density and a bit a grey in there would make it look much more natural.

G

well, according to s.a.f hairgods such as Steven Tyler, Keith Richards or David Bowie wear wigs. Strange, since they are in the showbusiness for like 40 years, yet there is not one single picture where one of these shows any sign of thinning. :roll:

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought that when I saw him on Jonathan Ross yesterday. I think he would actually look younger with a shaved head.

G

Taugenichts said:
well, according to s.a.f hairgods such as Steven Tyler, Keith Richards or David Bowie wear wigs. Strange, since they are in the showbusiness for like 40 years, yet there is not one single picture where one of these shows any sign of thinning. :roll:

O Rly?

KeithRichardsED.jpg

Keith Richards shows no signs of thinning?

keithrichards.JPG

None at all?

Maybe you were using the German hair loss scale instead, nichts.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

I cant prove it of course, but the fact that nearly every single rocker aged 60+ has hair that most teenagers would be jealous of whilst 80/90% of ordinary men that age would have some signs of hairloss (or greying at least!) is a little suspicious to me. :roll:

Ben Affleck supposedly wears a piece but are their any pics in existance of him with hairloss? celebrities dont wait until its obvious before getting a wig they do it at the first sign. Billy Zane and Peter Gabriel went from hairy to bald seemingly overnight when their careers took a dive.

David Bowie, Rod Stewart, Steven Tyler, Ronnie Wood .... and all the others I would bet that at least 50% of them have some 'hair secret'. Taugs problem is that he looks at these guys as hair role models and thinks he should have at least as good as them.

David Bowie

G

s.a.f said:
Taugenichts said:

Ben Affleck supposedly wears a piece but are their any pics in existance of him with hairloss?

Yes, his receding hairline is visible on many pics. Keep in mind he is wearing a piece for the frontal area not a wig! I recently saw this movie, I think the name was something like "The hollywood conspiracy" where he portrayed a Superman actor out of the 50s and there one could see his real hairline.

P.S.: Here it is, at least a Norwood 2:

45ac09bb80394.jpg