Is this a sign of receding hairline ?

Chronos-20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I have been freaking out recently as I see in my college many comrades who have hairloss and I wish to keep my hair as much as possible. I want to ask you if it is normal to have small baby hair in my hairline or is it a sign of recession.
I am currently very affected by this as I spend hours looking at pictures on forum to see if someone has the same situation as me. I know that this unhealthy and I beg you to give me a diagnostic to see if I can rest easy or if I should go see a doctor.
Ps:I always had a widow peak and my hairline was never straight.
Ps2: Sorry if my english is bad it isn't my mother tongue.
IMG_20220120_004453.jpg
IMG_20220120_005949.jpg
IMG_20220120_004250.jpg
IMG_20220120_005928.jpg
IMG_20220120_005856.jpg

Chronos-20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a full picture of my forehead. The right side has always been higher and even the left side is higher than the front but lower than the right side (widow peak kinda like Jake Gylenhaal).
IMG_20220120_021521.jpg

Chronos-20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks it means a lot to me I have BDD so whenever something bothers me I can't stop thinking about it so thanks to you i will sleep this night

Chronos-20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took more pictures with an agressive lightning (flash from a phone) and I want your advice.
IMG_20220120_161527.jpg
IMG_20220120_161503.jpg
IMG_20220120_161512.jpg

Chronos-20

My Regimen
Reaction score
But the hair at the temple do seem thinner no ? Or is it the fact that I side my hair this way and they seem thinner ? I didn't notice any massive hair falling.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you've noticed a change then you probably have hair loss, mine started with only a tiny bit of thinning at my temple.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But the hair at the temple do seem thinner no ? Or is it the fact that I side my hair this way and they seem thinner ? I didn't notice any massive hair falling.
It's really impossible to say bro without seeing before and after pictures.

You have to remember that everyone has thinner hair around their hairline and temples. Okay ... maybe not everyone ... but most people. It's completely normal.

Even young girls with abnormally thick hair have thinner hair around their temples, just look!

I can't predict the future whether you will go bald or not, but I can tell you with 100% honestly that you don't need to stress out for the moment. Just wait and monitor it. Compare the photos you took now to exactly the same photos in one year. If you notice it definitely has got thinner, even that wouldn't mean you're going bald at your age ... the hairline changes as you become more mature.

If it ever gets to the stage where you 100% certain you're going bald, you will have detected it early enough to prevent it. But for now, there is no evidence of that. So relax. Get on with your life.

I don't mean to worry you ... but as a 45 year old man who started going bald at 20, I can tell you it really doesn't even matter that much. Let's be honest, we only care because of girls, right? (or guys, if that's your thing). Well take how much you care about your hair and divide it by 1000. That's how much they care. I got waaaaaay more girls after I shaved my head and stopped caring about it than I did when I was obsessing over it. Confidence and a smile is worth 100x the thickest hair in the world.

Hope that helps.

I

Attachments

• 1642695760258.png
    1642695760258.png
    629.6 KB · Views: 85

Chronos-20

My Regimen
Reaction score
By rewatching some photos from 4 years ago it seems that I have a history of baby hair when I comb my hair. Maybe it is because they are naturally curly.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And how did it evolve ?
The thinning got quite a bit worse and it also spread to the middle of my hairline, my hair looks a little more wispy at the front too, it took about 4 years without treatment for that to happen though. If you are balding you will notice it slowly get worse, if it does, get on treatments if you want to try and stop / slow it down.

Chronos-20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks so I have time to see it really coming that is so reassuring. Did you get any treatment and did it help ?

The thinning got quite a bit worse and it also spread to the middle of my hairline, my hair looks a little more wispy at the front too, it took about 4 years without treatment for that to happen though. If you are balding you will notice it slowly get worse, if it does, get on treatments if you want to try and stop / slow it down.