Is this a REALLY bad sign?

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
I just washed my hair in the sink and when I drained all the water out, I was confronted by about 25 tiny 1/4 inch hairs. Here's the problem_ Presently, my hair is quite long. About 3 inches or so. This has never happened before. Usually, if I am going through a shed, the hairs that fall out are full-size length. Is this really bad?

G

hey

maybe they are from the sides i had the same thing happen the other day it is was the sides

i was told that is normal if it is

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply but unfortuately it just can't be the case for me as al my hair is the one length at the moment. Christ, I worried. Can anyone else shed any light on this? I'm really dying here. Thanx in advance.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You maybe going through a shedding process which is very normal for hair loss and non hair loss people. I look at your treatment and I see that your taking Rogaine and Nizoral but no Propecia/Proscar. You may want to get on Propecia which will help you more on keeping your hair. About the shedding thing, this will most likely happen again. Do you wear a hat, if so you maybe wearing a hair all day and when you wash your hair. All the hair that would have fell off all through the day was still on top of your head. That what I think.

P.S.: Don't stress out about this because it will get worst if you stress about it.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Day to day stress will not effect your hair.

ShockWave

Reaction score
The best way to check is to look in a mirror but point your nose up in the air so u can get a good look at the light coming through your hair. Now, if you have no hair loss, you will see very little light, but if you are starting down the path of hairloss, the gaps of light will be greater and your hair will become either really greasy or brittle.

bombscience

Reaction score
wow, this is my first post in a really long time, buuuut:

the short hairs mean 1 of 2 things.

1. They are from the back of your head where your hair is shorter (not sure if this is your situation).

2. They are hairs that had a short anagen phase before falling out. This is a positive thing. Usually it signifies that the hair is beginning to grow a thicker shaft. Take a look a the quaity of the hair to judge what's going on.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
jude, im in the same position as you man. It creeps me out seeing those little hair, cause theres only one place they could be from, and thats where im thinning.
god, its so depressing thinking about it. Im going to see a derm again today, and maybe get some answers out of him. I need to be 100% sure that this is male pattern baldness before i continue the war.

Dale

Reaction score
you seriously need to get on propecia, or at the very least, some other DHT inhibitor like topical spironolactone or revivogen

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
you seriously need to get on propecia, or at the very least, some other DHT inhibitor like topical spironolactone or revivogen

Whoa there buddy be careful. Bryan is going to make us all write "spironolactone is an androgen receptor blocker, ingredients in Revivogen are 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, finasteride lowers dht levels throughout the body" 40 times on the black board if we all keep f*****g up.