Is this a normal male pattern baldness or diffuse hair loss? What are my options? (pictures included)

Eldasensei

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've (31M, from the Netherlands) been a long lurker here and after thinking about it for too long, I thought it's time to pull the trigger and post my situation here.
Since the age of 24, I was noticing some hair loss on the sides(and a gradual increase in white hair), like next to my ear (sorry, english is not my main language so please bear with me). My hair was slowly thinning at that spot. Since then, I've been keeping my hairstyle as short as possible.

Unfortunately, the sides kept on thinning. Coming to the current state at the age of 31, I can notice a considerable amount of hair loss at that spot and I've also noticed some thinning on the front-middle of my head.

The question(s) that keeps on popping up in my head is:
What is likely the cause (is it a normal male pattern baldness, or a diffuse hair loss, stress, deficit in nutrition's?)?
What procedures or actions can help me battle this?
Can hair transplant be a solution for me? Should I take a hair transplant? If yes, when and how should I proceed? What are the steps I should take? Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant?

A little more background about me and my family
My father had a full head of hair till his 40's and started thinning a lot after that, while still maintaining the same hair pattern. My mother is a lucky one, as she has had no issues with this. Both of my grandfathers had a full head of hair, except from my dads side, there was a lot of thinning, which I guess is normal when we will all grow older till our 70+'s. If it's stress related, then I might guess it would most probably be due to the stress of finding a job and maintaining a minimum needed income and going through some hardcore rejections in my dating life. I think other than that, there is not much to add to this list.

Can you guys help me out with answering these questions?

Pictures
Here you can see the thinning and hair loss on the side, at the age of 31. The same angle on the side but at the age of 24 just to show you the 7 year difference.
Here are more pictures to show you a better illustration of my hair loss and the thinning. Feel free to go through them.

These were taken in artificial lighting (mainly direct lighting from my phone):

Thank you for letting me be a part of this community!
I hope that I can equally contribute to all of you!

Last edited: