Is This A Myth Or Not? I Am Not Sure...

Frank K.

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard a number of people say this to me and then look at me weird. And before you all look at me weird, NO - I hardly ever do it! Not my cup of tea.

So I read, heard, and argued against the fact that (or myth that) men can go bald or lose more hair if they masturbate more frequently. The idea behind this is that the semen carries minerals and vitamins that get reabsorbed into the body when they are not being released. This also backs the idea that not masturbating can help reverse hair loss.

Is this a myth or is there truth to this?

Frank K.

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a myth.

I'd like to know where the heck it even started. It makes no sense that THIS would cause balding but everyone encourages sex daily. You are still doing the same thing. You are more than likely right.

resu

Reaction score
I'd like to know where the heck it even started. It makes no sense that THIS would cause balding but everyone encourages sex daily. You are still doing the same thing. You are more than likely right.

Masturbation was made something to be ashamed of, that you shouldn't do it, that it starts hair loss is just another way to scare people.

Frank K.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Masturbation was made something to be ashamed of, that you shouldn't do it, that it starts hair loss is just another way to scare people.

Yeah I know the old myth of hairy palms and all that but this was something more recent. Like the thing about women digesting it or using it on their face (in skin cream) for benefits. There are people who claim to have it backed by science and that is what bothers me.

Carll38272

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's true. I knew a guy who fapped daily and whenever he fapped, hair would fall out.

He's slick bald now.

Frank K.

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's true. I knew a guy who fapped daily and whenever he fapped, hair would fall out.

He's slick bald now.

I sense sarcasm here... LOL

Also, I had a friend growing up who did it too much, and even bragged about it. He is 26 with a full head of hair, thicker than most people.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there were some truth to it, you'd surely seen some evidence of it by now.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although it seems like it is a myth, I'm not so sure because pretty much every time I ejaculate, my scalp tingles and itches like crazy which otherwise normally doesn't happen. I've also seen other people mention this. There is no concrete proof either way.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sense sarcasm here... LOL

Also, I had a friend growing up who did it too much, and even bragged about it. He is 26 with a full head of hair, thicker than most people.

Even if this was true and not a myth, it could have just been that he wasn't prone to male pattern baldness.