Is there anything new out besides minoxidil and dht blockers ?

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been on the hair forums for a year or so. I don't know if this section is the best place to ask, sorry if it isn't. Like the title says is there anything new besides minoxidil, anti-androgens etc. ?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. Premasati yoga. Check it out. Might as well try head massages, I've been hearing a lot lately of people regrowing their hair with massages only :D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, I almost forgot! Cut out coffee

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been on the hair forums for a year or so. I don't know if this section is the best place to ask, sorry if it isn't. Like the title says is there anything new besides minoxidil, anti-androgens etc. ?
We might get Pyrilutamide phase 2 results soon. Other than that, nothing has changed.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yes. There is hair cloning under development. The thing is I believe we already have an okay (not perfect) solution but no one yet is convinced. What I hope is dNovo eventually finds a way to add induced hair stem cells without having to cut out a skin graft in order to do it. Ideally, the way I want to see hair cloning work is have hairs thick, cycling, growing in close proximity and in the correct direction. We can get the human hairs to grow in mice but the problem is we would have a burdensome process to deal with like hair transplantation, so each graft has to be placed one at a time. I would like is where there is an injection and new hair shafts are created that never existed. This would just solve the problem without a painful, burdensome and expensive process involved. My thought is there is possibly a way to engineer what I would like, but no one yet has thought of it.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't respond well or haven't taken finasteride, your hair will die.

You will find 1000 pages of treatments in this forum, but they are all experimental stuff or barely surpass the results of minoxidil.

Finasteride, minoxidil and hair transplant are your best chances to keep a head full of hair.

If you don't want to take finasteride or have a hair transplant, you have 1000 pages of hope for you to read.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, we have two decades and millions of posts in the web forums from people commenting solely about stuff that either don’t exist or don’t work.

joking

well not really

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't respond well or haven't taken finasteride, your hair will die.

You will find 1000 pages of treatments in this forum, but they are all experimental stuff or barely surpass the results of minoxidil.

Finasteride, minoxidil and hair transplant are your best chances to keep a head full of hair.

If you don't want to take finasteride or have a hair transplant, you have 1000 pages of hope for you to read.

Well, thanks for the explanation but im not a newbie. I already have been taking dutasteride and oral minoxidil for 3.5 years. I even took cpa and bica for couple of months to test it. I still have some density loss, that's why i asked if there is something up because i think i already got the best i can get from these medicines

Last edited:

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the explanation but im not a newbie. I already have been taking dutasteride and oral minoxidil for 3.5 years. I even took cpa and bica for couple of months to test it. I still have some density loss, that's why i asked if there is something up because i think i already got the best i can get from these medicines
You are already doing what you can then. You can try out some other alternative treatments that ppl more enlightened than me can introduce to you.

I just think it is stressful to maintain several different treatments against hair loss and stress makes my hair fall out.