Is There Any Risk Of Keloids With Fue?

CAGR86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

Last year I got a small cut in my stomach (3 stitches) which developed into a keloid (or hypertrophy scar, not sure).

I've been considering FUE for a long time to restore my hairline, but It now occurs to me that I might be prone to keloids, and that I could develop keloids in my scalp if I did get the surgery.

Is there really a risk of that happening? Are there any reported cases of this occurring?

Thanks,

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there is that risk, the wounds are too little, they don't need stitches and they do not even form scars. I am a person who cicatrizes really bad, my scars always tend to be large and red and on my neck I have a little cheloid for a little cist I had to excide (two stitches and still a cheloid :( ). Last september I had 1400 grafts extracted via fue and I had no scarring problems. They are like needles puncture, they don't form a real scar. Obviously every extraction leaves an empty space (a little white dot) but I don't have 1400 scars on the back of my head.

CAGR86

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there is that risk, the wounds are too little, they don't need stitches and they do not even form scars. I am a person who cicatrizes really bad, my scars always tend to be large and red and on my neck I have a little cheloid for a little cist I had to excide (two stitches and still a cheloid :( ). Last september I had 1400 grafts extracted via fue and I had no scarring problems. They are like needles puncture, they don't form a real scar. Obviously every extraction leaves an empty space (a little white dot) but I don't have 1400 scars on the back of my head.

That's encouraging to hear. What about the recipient area? Any risk of bad scaring there? That's what scares me the most.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I think cheloids, hypertrophic scars etc.only form when the wound has a dimension that requires stitches. The needles or custom blade used to make incisions in recipient area dont' make a wound so large and deep to risk cheloid, hypertrophic...
I was even told, when I was deciding between FUE and strip, that scalp skin is different form the rest of the skin and heal in a different way.
Anyway you can see my operation, I have no scars in recipient.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ck-with-dr-keser-27-29-september-2016.101482/

As you can see there is no scarring, once you heal, the skin is perfect, with or without the transplanted graft

upload immagini
SkVr54Z.jpg