Is there any product that actually stops hair loss?

wak8

Reaction score
I've tried Propecia, minoxidil, Procerin, advecia, hair stimulator, viviscal and nothing seams to work.

Does anybody has tried something that really worked?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Forgetting all the others because they do nothing for hair loss, how long were you on Propecia and Minoxidil by themselves with Nizoral consistently daily, for exactly how long of an uninterrupted period of time without adding or taking away from the regimen as a whole?

HairLossTalk.com

wak8

Reaction score
I've been in minoxidil and propecia together for 15 months, and it doesn't seem to work.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on minoxidil, nizoral and proscar for the past 9 months and its working for me just fine. Although not as effective as I had hoped, It certainly stopped and reversed my hairloss to a noticable level. There is regrowth. :D

wak8

Reaction score
ChiaHead how do you take proscar?
Do you divide it in quaters? or fifths?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
wak do you have *any* itching on your scalp at all, even in small amounts?

have you been using nizoral shampoo along with this regimen?

And exactly when did you add all those other products you listed? If you have been on *just propecia and minoxidil* for 15 months, i assume you were using the others for upwards of 2 to 4 years prior?

This is important information. You throw something into the mix that we know nothing about its effect on hair, and you can complicate or even ruin the chances of effectiveness from the products that do work.

Also the issue of Nizoral... not being listed, is very significant.

This is why blanket statements like "Propecia and Rogaine didnt work for me!" need to be disected to hell, and all the specifics brought forward. Even one small screw up (like not using nizoral every 3 days as directed or adding joes crap tonic 5 months into it ...) can complicate and possibly ruin the regimen.

To anyone out there, anytime you hear this, make sure you make the person be specific.

Were you on 1mg Propecia? 5% Minoxidil? Or were you quartering Proscar instead? Did you take it once daily as directed?

HairLossTalk.com

wak8

Reaction score
I tried minoxidil 2% since five years ago, but I used it on and off.
15 months ago I got serious and I started to use Propecia and minoxidil 5% as directed.
They didn't seem to work so last November I decided to add Procerin, Advecia and viviscal. Last month I added Nuhair and hair stimulator, but unfortunately nothing seems to work.

With regards to Nizoral I've never tried it before.

When I started using minoxidil 5% I had itching in my scalp, but now is very rarely.

wak8

Reaction score
I was talking propecia 1mg and 5% minoxidil.
Is there any advantage to quater proscar over 1 mg propecia?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wak8 said:
I was talking propecia 1mg and 5% minoxidil.
Is there any advantage to quater proscar over 1 mg propecia?
The .25 extra mg of finasteride makes a minimal difference, probably not enough to turn the tide.

Overcomplicating your regimen muddles the issue, and can even turn things for the worse, as HairLossTalk.com says,. unfortunatly. And of course, finasteride and Min do not work for everyone. I'm not certain you gave Min and finasteride enough of a chance, but there are other things you can try that work much better then the other treatments you've heaped on, such as topical DHT inhibitors (topicals that use Saw Pallmetto to inhibit DHT dont count).. respected DHT inhibiting topicals includ Spironolactone, Fluridil, and RU.

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
This is why blanket statements like "Propecia and Rogaine didnt work for me!" need to be disected to hell, and all the specifics brought forward. Even one small screw up (like not using nizoral every 3 days as directed or adding joes crap tonic 5 months into it ...) can complicate and possibly ruin the regimen.

HairLossTalk.com, do you think taking supplements like Green Tea/L-Lysine/Biotin would also complicate and ruin the regimen?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Thats hard to say. I doubt it. But then again people think taking saw palmetto wont hurt either and for me and a ton of guys all it did was make us shed shed shed. Definitely hurt the situation for me. We just dont know enough to make a comment i guess, ultimately.

I was thinking about this thread while I was in the shower today, and something else struck me. Tons of guys come here and say that things "dont work". Alright ... wak, what exactly is your hair status? Are you looking to maintain? Looking to regrow? What do you define as work in this case?

Ive seen so many guys post here saying nothing works for them, but ... some wanted regrowth, and got maintenance instead. They said it didnt work, but .. technically it did. Then they posted pictures, and showed almost a full head of hair, and I thought to myself "how on earth could they even tell if anything is working? They have almost a full head of hair".

There are just *so many* variables here... but we did find out one major thing... you dont use Nizoral.

Nizoral is an *imperative* part of the Propecia regimen. Without it I saw zero results on Propecia. I waited 8 months too. The irritation rogaine can cause will also result in lesser success for some guys. Using Folligen along with it to control that is imperative!

Main rule here: If your scalp is not in absolutely great condition, the proven treatments will have a harder time doing their job.

Try Propecia & Rogaine and add Nizoral. Use Folligen to control any rogaine irritation.

TAKE PICTURES! and show us and yourself how you have continued to lose hair over the next 12 months. I know a LOT OF GUYS who think their hair is worse now than it was before, but baseline photos unequivocally prove them wrong. The minds eye is Powerful! Photos are imperative to keep perspective!

HairLossTalk.com

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
How come there's nothing that comes with propecia telling you to use a shampoo like nizoral (such as in the pamphlets)? How do they expect you to know to do this?
My first three months on propecia I was only taking it by itself with no kind of special shampoo, and I felt nothing wrong with my scalp. And it wasn't until I visited this site where I learned about using nizoral along with propecia, even if your scalp isn't irritated. So I've been using it ever since.
So you're saying I would have been out of luck with results if I never came to this site and starting using nizoral? Maybe then they should make more of a point to use it with the propecia reading material.
By the way I use nizoral 1% every Monday and Friday, which is every 3-4 days as recommended on the bottle, is this enough if I don't have any scalp irritation.

wak8

Reaction score
To answer your question HairLossTalk.com I was a #2 in the Norwood scale from this site before I started to take propecia and minoxidil. 15 mnths ago. I was looking just to mantain. Now I'm a Norwood 3, but I still shedding a lot so now I'm looking for some regrowth too.

I said that nothing worked because I'm loosing a lot for hair every day.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Wak - can you find a photo of yourself from 2-3 yrs ago and one of yourself today?

I agree regarding Propecia and Nizoral. They made every FDA trial participant use a shampoo like it ... but its still a little known fact that they did this. I guess they just assume everyone knows you need to have a scalp conditioner if you want results on anything. Dont know why they assume that, but I guess thats why sites like ours exist.

using once every 3 days is enough even without scalp irrit.

HairLossTalk.com