Is There Any Possible Reason Why Grafts Could Grow In Front But Not In Crown??

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had 4000 grafts transplanted end of last june (so 7 months in) and I'm seeing huge difference in front but basically nothing in the back. Is there any reason for this?

My doctor put about 2500 hairs in the crown and I'm not even seeing a third of that. Where did it all go?

Attachments

• post operation pic.jpg
    post operation pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 215
  • recent hair.jpg
    recent hair.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 225

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My understanding is diffuse thinning in the crown is where results tend to be less good, due to the possibility of transection of the native hair...
There appears to be some growth there from the photo, but I guess you'll never know whether they're the remaining native hair or new grafts.
Perhaps it's worth asking the clinic ?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My crown came in much slower than the hairline, so it may be due to bloodflow. I would give it a year before saying its a failure.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It took mine about one year, and it still came in later.

you saw growth in the crown even a year into it?

I was told all the growth is by 7 months and after that it was only thickening. Did you see growth and thickening in the middle also?

RecepYeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
When i did my hair transplant with Doctor. gulten unveren she said that it takes around a year. So wait till you see results :)

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes you can get new growth after 7 months, whoever told you otherwise is clueless. It would be unusual for you to see success on the front and for the crown to not come in. You have to wait at least a year to know.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you can get new growth after 7 months, whoever told you otherwise is clueless. It would be unusual for you to see success on the front and for the crown to not come in. You have to wait at least a year to know.

look at the top left pic I posted - the one immediately post surgery. He put in a lot of crown grafts right?