is there any point getting a hair system if the density on the back and sides is poor

Doctor Danger

Reaction score
i went to a salon and one of the guys checked me out and he noticed i was losing some hair on the sides and back. he basically told me since i still have some hair it would be best to wait it out and come back in a year to see how things stand, i might need to go for a full hair system covering sides which i won't be Ok with. i was wondering if anyone else has encountered any problems with having poor back and sides hair density.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
everyone's circumstances are different and it still may be possible depending on the extend and rate. If you have photos of those areas I would be happy to give feedback. If you dont want to post in open forum PM me.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, you may be able to get by with some temple flaps on a topper, depending on the extent of your hairloss. But I wouldn't discount a fullcap. I have seen some great ones! Just take a look on the Toplace or NorthwestLace forums and do a fullcap search.

Noah

Reaction score
It's a matter of degree I guess, but the current hairstyles are really good for covering up this problem. You can have an undercut style with thick hair on top (mostly the hairpiece, obviously) and sides buzzed down to the point where the thinness doesn't show. If need be you can bulk the sides up slightly with a bit of scalp make-up (Toppik or whatever).

Doctor Danger

Reaction score
photo 2.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see what your hair in front looks like. Maybe the guy at the salon was telling you to wait because he didn't think you needed a piece just yet, could that be possible? I just say that because, in back anyway, you don't seem to be losing much on the crown. You could have diffuse thinning(thinning spread out all around), but it is hard to tell because your hair is cut so short. That, and I don't have much experience with diffuse thinning, because mine is the usual major thinning in front and crown area.

What does it look like if you let it grow out a bit? Because to me, it doesn't look that bad. And it may look thicker if it was grown out a little.