Is there any natural treatment that works?

maxnp1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any results with natural treatments, and which treatment is used? I am a diffuse thinner and I'm currently using Minoxidil 5%, Ketoconazole, Dermapen(Dr. pen), some essential oils and 5 min scalp massage a day. I started today with Evening primrose oil as a supplement. Using minoxidil for about 4 years, and it helps me a lot, but now minoxidil is not enough, and i'm losing a battle. I use dermapen for about 3 months but i don't see any result for now, and i will keep using it for 1 year to see if there will be any progress.

I used Zix for 1 year but i did not have success with it. In first month it stops shedding but after that shedding is back and i drop it after 1 year. I used Topical Finasteride for 6 months, 0.5-0.25 mg per day but i have side effects, bad erections, bad sperm and brain fog, and it didn't do anything for my hair. I was used a low dose of topical finasteride in hope that the side effects will not be bad, but i didn't have a luck. Couple years ago i also tried a RU58841 for about 3-5 months(i don't remember exactly) but i have same sides like those with finasteride.

Anti androgens is no my path because i am too sensitive on hormonal changes, and i don't want to risk my health because of hair. If anybody know any natural way for maintaining hair I will be grateful to share treatment with us. And i want to say that hair means much to me but i will not put hair above my health and life. Stay safe guys, and be very careful with those hair loss drugs because they are definitely bad for our health. Thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

EDIT:
If you don't mind sharing your experiences with us about natural treatments? I noticed you guys on forum that you two also looking for natural hair loss treatments. Thanks!

@Pigeon , @Armando Jose

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is there any natural treatment that works?​

Short answer: is No not if you have actual male pattern baldness and are heading towards a Norwood 5.

The Long answer: is Maybe if you have minor hair loss and that will be the basis of whatever the next 75 posts from alternative hair loss gurus will advise you. but unless they have actual personal experience of natural treatments working for decades, their advise about the natural route is largely going to be theoretical, rather than consisting of first hand knowledge of what works for an extended length of time.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any results with natural treatments, and which treatment is used? I am a diffuse thinner and I'm currently using Minoxidil 5%, Ketoconazole, Dermapen(Dr. pen), some essential oils and 5 min scalp massage a day. I started today with Evening primrose oil as a supplement. Using minoxidil for about 4 years, and it helps me a lot, but now minoxidil is not enough, and i'm losing a battle. I use dermapen for about 3 months but i don't see any result for now, and i will keep using it for 1 year to see if there will be any progress.

I used Zix for 1 year but i did not have success with it. In first month it stops shedding but after that shedding is back and i drop it after 1 year. I used Topical Finasteride for 6 months, 0.5-0.25 mg per day but i have side effects, bad erections, bad sperm and brain fog, and it didn't do anything for my hair. I was used a low dose of topical finasteride in hope that the side effects will not be bad, but i didn't have a luck. Couple years ago i also tried a RU58841 for about 3-5 months(i don't remember exactly) but i have same sides like those with finasteride.

Anti androgens is no my path because i am too sensitive on hormonal changes, and i don't want to risk my health because of hair. If anybody know any natural way for maintaining hair I will be grateful to share treatment with us. And i want to say that hair means much to me but i will not put hair above my health and life. Stay safe guys, and be very careful with those hair loss drugs because they are definitely bad for our health. Thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

EDIT:
If you don't mind sharing your experiences with us about natural treatments? I noticed you guys on forum that you two also looking for natural hair loss treatments. Thanks!

@Pigeon , @Armando Jose

Good choice on staying away from Finasteride after noticing side effects.

I've also started Evening Primrose Oil on the 20th November. EPO is one of the best sources of GLA which is a potent 5AR inhibitor. It should help to reduce DHT somewhat. Hopefully not by too much.

Although if you are too sensitive to anti-androgens, then you should stay away from all anti-androgens/5-ARIs, both drug and natural.

Last edited:

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The guys are about telling you like it is…To regrow hair is a b**ch…. but doesn’t stop guys like me from trying.. If I had the cure I don’t know what I’d do with it.
Just share it on this forum or start a business. Honestly I don’t know.
Probably G-d would send a lighting bolt to stop me.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why use evening primrose oil instead of borage oil? Borage oil has a much higher amount of gla.

I'm not trying to reduce DHT by too much because I am also sensitive to anti-androgens. In fact I just stopped using EPO and Omega 3 Supplements just yesterday.

I prefer using safer options.

maxnp1

My Regimen
Reaction score
About two years ago i added dermarolling and mix of oils (coconut oil, pumpkin seed oil, saw palmetto tablets powder and some castor oil). I was dermarolling 1x week, 1.5 mm needle, and apply this mix of oil every day and let it on head whole day. I was also doing scalp massages 10 -15 minutes every day. All this was addition to minoxidil 5% which I start using about 2 years before that. After 6 months of this new regiment my hair is become so thick and healthy that I did not believe. Even my receded hairline was grow back. But after 1month gains start to disappear unfortunately and on that point i stop that regiment and back to minoxidil only. I don't know what caused that gains but i was lazy to stick to that regimen for 1 year because it's exhausting, especially to keep that oils on head whole day every day. I think that dermarolling or scalp massages was the key to that regrowth which I had, i am not sure about oil mix so much, but who knows. This time i will stick to microneedling for 1 year to see if there will be any results. With evening primrose oil i notice after 3 days that my skin is very soft and looks very healthy. I hope it will do something for my hair too.

I read that Borage oil have some toxins in it, and that is not healthy. MSM is also a risky one, even dermarolling can cause skin cancer on long run by some research that i read. Who knows what all this treatments do to body after years and years of using. None of this treatments are natural to our body. It's not natural to make wounds with dermaroller or pen device to your head, or spray minoxidil, or kill DHT. If DHT is not important for our body after puberty, probably it would not exist in body after becoming adult.

@20YearsOnFin yes, it's very hard to keep hair with natural treatments, but i think there must be something from nature that is strong enough to locally reduce DHT in scalp. I think that you have great experience with various hair loss treatments if you really are 20 years on Finasteride. Are you try natural root, and how aggressive is your hair loss?

@Pigeon i have good donor area, but i think that i won't go to surgeries. I will give EPO a try for 3-6 months and microneedling 1 year, maybe some other alternative treatment if they appears (i hope it will).

This guy Scott Nail give me a hope for microneedling. Stay safe guys.

Last edited:

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very Interesting… On you’re protocol you had significant gains, but quit & lost them, now you’re going to try something else because the protocol which worked is too difficult.
I’m beginning to think what ultimately will work for us is to change the chemistry of the scalp where the follicles grow or don’t grow. Perhaps like soil, the scalp becomes toxic & unless the conditions are right hair just won’t grow. Perhaps your original concoction got the scalp into the better growing state

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only vouch for peppermint oil. It's an antioxidant, has androgenic properties and induces blood flow. 5% on carrier oil every day and noon in the hairline, 5% in the shampoo and leave it at least 30 minutes. It managed to stop my thinning and diffusing for quite a while.

ashleysummer

Reaction score
I've been using this mixture for nearly two years by now, and I must say it again: it has made my hair amazing.

I use the following recipe: Volant essential oil of cedar, grapefruit, lemon, rosemary, tangerine, juniper, lavender, sage, geranium, clary sage, thyme, bay - in jojoba oil. I mix it intuitively - I smell the oil and add the number of drops that feel necessary. This is my crazy way of doing things ;-)

I can see the hair that grew since I massage with my essential oil mixture, and it's so much stronger and more beautiful than my "old" hair. It has more shine, more body and more character. It's my dream hair, to be honest.

Of course, other changes play a role, too - I take nutritional supplements and treat my hair like old lace. But I can recommend this recipe and the massage. wholeheartedly. I use it at least once a week since the summer of 2007, and I never stopped. I will never stop!

Last edited:

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the cool thread here, I have found some interesting tips which I will try

mariawotters

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course there is. You can do head massages that will relax you in the first place, also improve blood circulation and make your hair stronger. It is very important to choose the right shampoo that will not damage your hair but only help. My dad often used vitamin complexes that helped him a lot (to choose the right, he looked for a truvision health phone number to help him). It really slowed down the loss and because of this he is in a good mood every day

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're already doing good with minoxidil/needling combo. And good choice staying away from hormonal poison like fina that will fck you up sooner or later, (sexual) health is important unlike the fina cult members say.

The big question you need to ask yourself is how aggressive is your balding?

Another viable option if you have good donor is getting transplant(s). Just fill in the areas that are balding every 5 years for example. No need for any medication. Also cheap if you go to Turkey (but go to reputable turkish surgeons)

Then we have a bunch of other stuff that's still being tested in various group buys. We'll hear about it if they have any success.

You can also add MSM, read this: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...gns-of-new-growth.134850/page-22#post-2035664
Are you on MSM? If so where’d you get it.

I agree re transplants but think India is starting to look like a safer bet than Turkey.

vandun3

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only vouch for peppermint oil. It's an antioxidant, has androgenic properties and induces blood flow. 5% on carrier oil every day and noon in the hairline, 5% in the shampoo and leave it at least 30 minutes. It managed to stop my thinning and diffusing for quite a while.
i think peppermint oil is good for minoxidil sensitive people. might help somewhat if you control DHT. add oral castor oil as it stimulates growth as well

inmyhead

Reaction score
Maybe NAC, topical melatonin, but wouldn't expect too much results with that...