Is There Any Coming Back From This?

Asylum01

My Regimen
Reaction score
This all started two years ago from huge amounts of stress and lack of eating during. Also had a kidney operation to go along with it, and been on accutane for the last 6 months. I noticed a lot of hair fall while on the accutane sadly. Think my hormones got all outta wack from the illness and stress. I've always kept my hair buzzed at around a 1 so i haven't notices the hair fall as quick as some others who have longer hair. Have an appointment tomorrow with my Derm so I'll see what she has to say. I would just like to know if there's any help when I'm in this far.

Screenshot_20190919-160139_Gallery.jpg 20190925_151651.jpg

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you jump on finasteride and minoxidil and you are lucky, then yeah, you can regrow lots of hair

also seems like accutane fucks lots of males hair up, can you say how dense was your hair before accutane and after it? do u have any older pictures?

Asylum01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have any older pics thanks to technology and losing my phone without ever saving to cloud lol. I've been buzzing my hair for the past 20 years due to that my hair was extremely thick. Before all the trauma years ago there wasn't really any change where it made me notice. My brother, and all decending family members never experienced any hairloss. My hair used to be so thick that when i jumped out of the shower, it was literally dry whithout toweling it off.

I think constant trauma in our lives just weakens our whole system somehow where in the end it doesn't give a sh*t about our hair and concentrates on our vital body functions. It started as soon as i went through a seperation, then a herniated disc in my back, kidney operation. I just think it was just all too much at one time lol.

In the first pic, you can see there are tons of vellus hairs in many folicles. Not sure if that'll help with my chances of regrowth. How ironic that I buzzed my head for so long, and now that im losing it, I want it back. I just notice that there is a huge difference between having to bic it than buzzing it at 1 or 2. The shine of a scalp is just so blinding.

Last edited:

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a consultancy at a few places of course.

Personally I think your only best option is doing scalp micropigmentation. It will give you the look you want. Maybe until the gods of hair loss save us all with hair cloning in 5-10 years time.