Is there an easier way to remove the backing off hair system tape?

RustyBoomstick

My Regimen
Reaction score
The most tedious part of doing the hair system is getting the backing off the tapes.

Any tips for removing the backing easier without nails. Otherwise I'm picking for ages at the tape edge,from the piece I cut off the tape roll. Once it's started, I'll use tweezers to remove the backing.
But starting the tape without long nails is a pain in the arse.

I either use Walker Lace Front or Pro Flex 2.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unroll the tape, paper side down on a small cutting board, with a box-cutter or razor blade, carefully slice through the tape, a few mm from the edge, and remove the tape from the paper. Cut the other end of the tape to fit. Bend the paper tab you just created, back, away from the tape. You now just created yourself a small handle, to peel the tape off when you place it on the system. Make sure the tape edges (end to end) overlap just a mm or two... so it won't come up when you peel off the paper.

RustyBoomstick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unroll the tape, paper side down on a small cutting board, with a box-cutter or razor blade, carefully slice through the tape, a few mm from the edge, and remove the tape from the paper. Cut the other end of the tape to fit. Bend the paper tab you just created, back, away from the tape. You now just created yourself a small handle, to peel the tape off when you place it on the system. Make sure the tape edges (end to end) overlap just a mm or two... so it won't come up when you peel off the paper.
Cheers