Is there a way to pencil in temples?

markFox1989

Reaction score
I know it sounds ridiculous, but hear me out.

The only part of my hair that is somewhat thinning/thinned out are my temples. I was thinking about getting a disconnected undercut with the hair on the sides/back shaved down very close to the skin (including the temples). My temples for now are holding up a bit, but i was wondering if there's a way to "spot" them out with a pencil of some sort. Just to make them appear "thicker" with my hair shaved. Keep in mind i don't care about the feel of them, or having them be 3-d since my hair there will be shaved to the skin anyways. Just a small illusionary trick. Mostly so i look better from the profile.

shookwun

Reaction score
that's what iv'e been doing to hold off, maintain a clean, and aesthetic appearance until I have a transplant to restore temple points/reinforce my sides. I get the temple point region followed by lower sides near ears along neck completely tapered to the skin.

Ditch the pencil ****, it's stupid Lol. if you have diffuse hair along temple points you could possibly sprinkle hair fibres, and hair spray it.

Hash1975

Reaction score
I have been using dark brown mascara to recreate temple points (I have black hair). No one has ever noticed or commented....my wife only found out because she saw me doing it once. You need a good quality waterproof mascara. One stick lasts me over 3 months. It works great...need to practice a bit but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I do this sometimes when I want a more solid looking hairline. It's simple to do too. Works best if you have a decent amount of vellus hairs there to fill in. I use the same thing that I use to fill in my brows (Wet n Wild Color Icon Comfort Zone - costs about $5 and can be found at any drug store). I use the 3rd darkest shade on the earthy palette because it matches my natural hair color best. As Hash said you can also use a nice quality mascara to get more volume/length if needed.

shookwun

Reaction score
This method like fibres seems like it would only work efficiently with diffused hair that already has an outline if you catch my drift.

bare skin outlining would look unnatural.

markFox1989

Reaction score
I have been using dark brown mascara to recreate temple points (I have black hair). No one has ever noticed or commented....my wife only found out because she saw me doing it once. You need a good quality waterproof mascara. One stick lasts me over 3 months. It works great...need to practice a bit but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

Can i do this even if my hair is shaved really close to the skin?

- - - Updated - - -

This method like fibres seems like it would only work efficiently with diffused hair that already has an outline if you catch my drift.

bare skin outlining would look unnatural.

Yea i still have an outline. Don't know how long it's gonna last, but it's still there. It's been thin for years now, so hopefully it doesn't suddenly vanish overnight.

Hash1975

Reaction score
Yes it should work even if your hair is cut short...like I said you'll need to spend a bit of time practicing how much to apply and getting the shape equal on both side. It helps if you have some valus hairs as that should give you the outline. The key is not to apply too much mascara otherwise it starts looking fake. Try it out.

markFox1989

Reaction score
Yes it should work even if your hair is cut short...like I said you'll need to spend a bit of time practicing how much to apply and getting the shape equal on both side. It helps if you have some valus hairs as that should give you the outline. The key is not to apply too much mascara otherwise it starts looking fake. Try it out.

Thanks man. That'll be huge! I'll get some mascara tomorrow and begin practicing. Never thought i'd say that sentence.

markFox1989

Reaction score

So this is basically what i want to go for, only the temples are a bit thin for ME. Your technique will work even on a shaved side like this?

Attachments

• long on top.jpg
    long on top.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 190