Is there a way to dry the bio hair? A big part of the hairs not matching is because of different dryness with older pieces

Fanjeera

Reaction score
When the hairpiece becomes older it becomes drier. Not possible to get rid of that dryness I think. But perhaps there is a way to make own hair as dry? Thanks!

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is possible to get rid of the dryness of an older system by washing it and conditioning it, plus using a leave in conditioner spray or some serum /oils etc (coconut oil, argan etc).

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It is possible to get rid of the dryness of an older system by washing it and conditioning it, plus using a leave in conditioner spray or some serum /oils etc (coconut oil, argan etc).
Thanks! Doesn't work for me :(. Maybe, if I use an oil, not a leave-in conditioner product. Coconut vs argan?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience, most hair products with either coconut oil or argan oil are good for the hair. I've tried pure coconut oil and argan oil, as well as conditioner sprays, shampoos and serums that have these in them. If you use pure coconut or argan oil, don't use TOO much at once otherwise it can make the hair look greasy. But the right amount works grreat.

For serums

You just need to experiment with different products and see what works best for you really. A good shampoo and conditioner with argan or coconut oil works well too, e.g. by Hask etc.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
In my experience, most hair products with either coconut oil or argan oil are good for the hair. I've tried pure coconut oil and argan oil, as well as conditioner sprays, shampoos and serums that have these in them. If you use pure coconut or argan oil, don't use TOO much at once otherwise it can make the hair look greasy. But the right amount works grreat.

For serums

You just need to experiment with different products and see what works best for you really. A good shampoo and conditioner with argan or coconut oil works well too, e.g. by Hask etc.
Do I have to wash the hair before using conditioner? As we don't have the cuticle anyway, does it matter?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I have to wash the hair before using conditioner? As we don't have the cuticle anyway, does it matter?

For spray in conditioners, no need to wash beforehand, you can use these any time and they can be applied to dry or wet hair. Sometimes with the serums, it can be good to spritz the hair with water and brush through first, though.

For conditioner that you wash out like shampoo, you might wash with shampoo (or just rinse with water) before that then condition, but nothing is set in stone. You usually to apply this type of conditioner to wet hair, leave it in for a few minutes then rinse it out.

Another thing I've done is to use a spray bottle and fill it partly with water and partly with oil (argan or coconut) then shake it up and spray onto the hair. Or use partly water, partly the hair serum I mentioned. This helps avoid getting too much oil at once onto the hair, avoiding it looking too greasy.

Really there's no 100% right or wrong answer to this....you just have to experiment with different types of products until you find what works best for your hair system. Don't be afraid to do a bit of trial and error, try different products out, even break the 'rules' (if they exist).

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Just put conditioner on dry hair and then just removed it with just water lol

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Well if that works for you, so be it! Proves my point about breaking 'rules' lol ;)
I'm not sure, whether it did anything. It could have. Hair looks surprisingly good right now. But I'm not sure yet that it's from conditioning dirty dry hair. Will do a few more times and then conclude.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
When the hairpiece becomes older it becomes drier. Not possible to get rid of that dryness I think. But perhaps there is a way to make own hair as dry? Thanks!
If you are seeking to make your healthy or oily biohair match a dry system, try dry shampoo on your bio hair. It's essentially aerosolized talcum powder..... and will knock the sheen off.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If you are seeking to make your healthy or oily biohair match a dry system, try dry shampoo on your bio hair. It's essentially aerosolized talcum powder..... and will knock the sheen off.
Hmm good idea. I hope I can keep it away from system hair somehow. Never even seen a dry shampoo. Can't imagine how it's used. Thank you!