Is There A Specific Regiment for Diffuse Thinners?

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
is diffuse thinning more aggressive than typical male pattern baldness?

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
a nw5?!? you gotta be kidding me...

Your hairline looks fine.... a nw1-nw1.5 imo. And I wouldn't say you're a diffuse thinner also b/c it looks like you're losing it in the more common way (hairline/temples and crown first).

My advice would be to stick with the finasteride for another 5-6 months and if things don't improve, then jump right into minoxidil. You don't wanna become minoxidil dependent unless you really need to.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
diff.gif

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
kalbo said:
a nw5?!? you gotta be kidding me...

Your hairline looks fine.... a nw1-nw1.5 imo. And I wouldn't say you're a diffuse thinner also b/c it looks like you're losing it in the more common way (hairline/temples and crown first).

My advice would be to stick with the finasteride for another 5-6 months and if things don't improve, then jump right into minoxidil. You don't wanna become minoxidil dependent unless you really need to.

thanks Kalbo!

So IYO the propecia will help with the top and the temples? I hear finasteride only help grown on the crown ...

Thanks again!

G

Jayman didn´t say you are Norwood 5, he said that you will eventually end up as a Norwood 5 since your thinning occurs in a Norwood 5 area.

And Propecia works best for diffuse thinning. Don´t worry, you are doing the right thing!

Sean68

Reaction score
hair still looks pretty thick to me. if i were you id add minoxidil. its the best thing for filling in that bald spot.good luck.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say that before you started treatment, your crown was severely diffuse in the Norwood 5 pattern. However, now you are probably only a diffuse Norwood 3. Very good progress you have made there. keep up the current regimine until you hit the one-year mark, and then decide whether you need minoxidil.

shuggyboy

Reaction score
keep it up my man similar to mine except you have more thinning at crown, i find folligen good for the diffused thinning, very much understated! also add Propecia and maybe 1ml of minoxidil say at night . keep it brief and safe:)

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you are Norwood 3 or 5, I am Norwood 100 already.
honestly i believe you are a Norwood 1.5 with more crown thinnning than typical Norwood 1s and Norwood 2s. your hairline is intact. give finasteride a year. if it is not satisfactory try dutasteride and/or minoxidil foam.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
honestly i believe you are a Norwood 1.5 with more crown thinnning than typical Norwood 1s and Norwood 2s. your hairline is intact. give finasteride a year. if it is not satisfactory try dutasteride and/or minoxidil foam.

tech

why not add foam to the front/ temples now?

i feel im losing ground and my bangs are thinning more and more

will Propecia even help with thickening the front??!!

G

Taugenichts said:
Jayman didn´t say you are Norwood 5, he said that you will eventually end up as a Norwood 5 since your thinning occurs in a Norwood 5 area.

And Propecia works best for diffuse thinning. Don´t worry, you are doing the right thing!

exactly. jeez guys i never said he was an Norwood 5. i said he was thinning in an nw5 pattern and would likely be eventually nw5 without taking propecia or dutasteride. give me some credit here.

Here's what I said:

" Your diffuse pattern looks like NW5 because I see some diffusion going on at the tops of the sides of your head but not too far down like an NW6 or NW7 would have. This is just a guess of course but I'd say that your last stop on the baldness scale will be a diffuse NW5. That's assuming no medical intervention though which obviously is not the case with you."

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:

tech, will propecia visibly thicken my thinning in the temples? why wait a year?