Is there a natural alternative to Finasteride?

Kgnot

My Regimen
Reaction score
But it could explain why hair falls rapidly after u stop funasteride. Also lots of men i read feel depressed taking the pills...

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it could explain why hair falls rapidly after u stop funasteride. Also lots of men i read feel depressed taking the pills...

You also have to take into consideration that someone who is already depressed over their hair loss is more likely to take a drug to help treat it, it's not necessarily a cause of the drug

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alternative is to get some hot babe to squirt all over your head once a week.

jtomo21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dudz there is an alternative to finasteride, might not be as good but if you're not going to get on the finasteride train any time soon you might as well try this combo
Use one or more daily:
Emu Oil -One or more topical applications day or night. Rationale

Optimized Resveratrol- 250 mg. -One capsule. Rationale

Super Bio-Enhanced Curcumin - 400 mg. -One capsule. Rationale

Theaflavin (Black Tea) Extract - 350 mg. -Two - Three capsules.Rationale

Taurine - 1000 mg. -One capsuleRationale

Whole Grape Seed Extract - 100 mg. -One capsule.Rationale

Super Absorbable Soy Isoflavones - 435 mg. -One capsule.Rationale

Mega Green Tea Extract - 725 mg. -One capsule.Rationale

Super Tocotrienols - 250 mg. -Two capsules in divided doses.Rationale

Ultra Natural Prostate Formula (Men Only) -Two capsules.Rationale

taken from http://www.hairloss-research.org/

I've been on finasteride for about 2 years now, i was initally on .75mg but was still losing ground so i went up to 1mg and had no sides however i started to implement the first 5 supplements above as well as beta sitosterol and copped sides hard.. like real hard so i quit it all for 2-3 weeks before i started feeling normal again.

So yeah i'd say give it a go. I'd have 2x the curcumin though and add the beta sitosterols as well

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
saw palmetto.

It is widely used to inhibit 5ar as an herbal supplement.

Studies have concluded that it does indeed inhibit 5AR

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4847595/

Results
By concentration-dependent inhibition of 5α-reductase type II in vitro (half-maximal inhibitory concentration 3.58±0.05 μg/mL), SPSE demonstrated competitive binding toward the active site of the enzyme. Finasteride, the approved 5α-reductase inhibitor tested as positive control, led to 63%–75% inhibition of 5α-reductase type II.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why there isn't another effective medication out yet? They have been saying how close science is for the last 15 years. I can't stand this!