Is there a better generic than Fincar for the price?

misterium

Reaction score
hi,

i've been taking fincar for over a year now.. i dunno if it's working or anything, but i have zero inflammation these days (i went well over a year with a scalp itch/inflammation that would piss anybody off).. i finally got my scalp health back under control.. it's been a few months now and my scalp has felt GREAT.

i also use minoxidil foam which seems to help.

anyway, fincar is cheap and i use it because of the price.. i cut it into 4ths.

it seems like the pieces are sooo small, i wonder how could they possible do anything for my system? that is.. the pieces disolve on my tongue before i even get a chance to swallow, it seems.

does it matter if finasteride goes in the stomach or not?

is there a better alternative to fincar?

i'm paranoid.

thanks!

G

As long as it's not counterfeit than finasteride is going to be finasteride whether it's Fincar made by Cipla or Finast made by Dr. Reddy's or theoetically Proscar as well.

You're getting 1.25mg of finasteride by cutting those pills into quarters. Keep in mind that 5mg is almost nothing so a pill that was PURELY the active ingredient would be way too small to take. Most of the pill is fillers anyways.

Did you take pictures before you started, during, and now? I'd guess after 1 year you'd probably notice something but most likely NOT from your own memory since we re-write that everytime we look in the mirror pretty much. Then again not 100% of those who take the medicine exhibit regrowth responses from it but if you're stalling further hair loss than it's also been successful. Just buying you some moe time until HM and OSH101 comes out, or whatever the big cure will someday be! :)