Is the whole point of RU58841 that it increases your hair's dht resistance/ decreases sensitivity?

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a lot about the effects of dutasteride/ finasteride and minoxidil but what is the significance of RU? It seems liek it does what ketaconozole shampoos do but way better

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU58841 is a research chemical so ketaconozole has more research backing it, nizoral shampoo is a good addition to your regimen but it can't compete with RU. Keto cream is a good option though.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah they are both topical anti-androgens. What these substances do is bind to the androgen receptors, which then prevents androgens from doing so. They basically create competition for T/DHT and make it more difficult to trigger the genes correlated with hair loss. They will not do anything to reduce androgens, however. If anything, they probably downregulate the receptors and make them less sensitive to androgens. It's been postulated that dutasteride/finasteride can cause some degree of upregulation, so topical antiandrogens are complementary to all other hair loss treatments. RU has a stronger binding affinity for the androgen receptor and also has a smaller molecular weight which means more gets absorbed into the scalp, so it is more effective than keto. Keto shampoo can certainly still be used in a regimen along with RU to help with inflammation and scalp itching.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah they are both topical anti-androgens. What these substances do is bind to the androgen receptors, which then prevents androgens from doing so. They basically create competition for T/DHT and make it more difficult to trigger the genes correlated with hair loss. They will not do anything to reduce androgens, however. If anything, they probably downregulate the receptors and make them less sensitive to androgens. It's been postulated that dutasteride/finasteride can cause some degree of upregulation, so topical antiandrogens are complementary to all other hair loss treatments. RU has a stronger binding affinity for the androgen receptor and also has a smaller molecular weight which means more gets absorbed into the scalp, so it is more effective than keto. Keto shampoo can certainly still be used in a regimen along with RU to help with inflammation and scalp itching.
you take RU ?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU does not have side effects and is a very strong AA

this has saved my hair, don’t post your random out of *** comments

LMFAOOOO imagine saying RU58841 doesn't have side effects in 2022.

You might not have experienced side effects with it but many many people have. This very forum alone has loads of people who had side effects on it.

Even YouTube has loads of people talking about its side effects.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU does not have side effects and is a very strong AA

this has saved my hair, don’t post your random out of *** comments
Ru saved your hair? Yeah right. It did the opposite for me it killed it. Used that chemical hair killer 7 years ago and never again. And it does have Side effects ur probably using a low dose.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ru saved your hair? Yeah right. It did the opposite for me it killed it. Used that chemical hair killer 7 years ago and never again. And it does have Side effects ur probably using a low dose.
Ru can't destroy your hair, it is impossible, it improve hairs

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not impossible it happens to others too idiot I read on reddit many, Even a guy had the same experience as me on this forum it caused alopecia areata type of thinning . Thin spots on scalp for him and for me, and i was also shedding more on it. Even bought it again a last time and i felt like my body was about to shut down like i was gonna die it lasted 10min. Threw that hair killer in the bin. Believe what you want. Its a research chemical for a reason. By all means go ahead and try it out for yourself. I rather use spironolactone or bica topically safe drugs.

Last edited:

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really RU is likely not going to be super great or super bad. Yeah, it's a powerful AA in terms of binding affinity (same as testosterone, but still 3-5x weaker than DHT, but still one of the strongest binding affinities out there), but it has such a short half life that it really discounts its effectiveness. Secondly, the short half life prevents accumulation, combine that with the fact that its metabolites degrade into weaker compounds, is suggestive that side effects are not going to be very serious and should subside quickly. However also keep in mind that this comes from Chinese labs where there are things like heavy metals found in some of the powders which is probably responsible for a lot of side effects people experience too, and may not even necessarily be the actual compound. RU is worth trying out when inhibitors and minoxidil aren't enough IMO because even if it doesn't work or causes side effects at least it clears the system very fast. Hopefully pyrilutamide will be the topical antiandrogen we all want it to be.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's not impossible, it's actually highly possible.

You can't be making statements in absolutes about RU58841 which has no studies on it.

It's safety profile is highly questionable and many people reported side effects and/or that it doesn't work for them.

I'm aware there are some people that it works and without side effects, but it's not common.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really RU is likely not going to be super great or super bad. Yeah, it's a powerful AA in terms of binding affinity (same as testosterone, but still 3-5x weaker than DHT, but still one of the strongest binding affinities out there), but it has such a short half life that it really discounts its effectiveness. Secondly, the short half life prevents accumulation, combine that with the fact that its metabolites degrade into weaker compounds, is suggestive that side effects are not going to be very serious and should subside quickly. However also keep in mind that this comes from Chinese labs where there are things like heavy metals found in some of the powders which is probably responsible for a lot of side effects people experience too, and may not even necessarily be the actual compound. RU is worth trying out when inhibitors and minoxidil aren't enough IMO because even if it doesn't work or causes side effects at least it clears the system very fast. Hopefully pyrilutamide will be the topical antiandrogen we all want it to be.
when the pyrilutamide will be free ?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it highly possible? I have yet to see any photo evidence of it having a negative impact on hair. Seems you’ve had a negative experience with it causing you to discredit it.
Photo evidence cmon man. My hair is worse on dutasteride it dont mean i will go and take pictures of my hair and post it on a Forum and say dutasteride made hair worse. Just take people's word for it. I have read plenty of guys experiences with RU on reddit and honestly most are negative. Lots of shedding and thinner hair after a few months is what many complain about. It may work for some lucky guys but its DEFINATELY not a miracle treatment. Are you using that chinese chemical yourself?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I take their words for it lmao? Are you unaware of the mass paranoia on these hair forums? I stopped taking “people’s word for it” ever since I read a post of someone claiming sides on ketoconazole shampoo. Photos should always be taken and used as comparison. What if Merck dropped finasteride without the use of a phototrichogram and told everyone to just take their word for it lmao.
Well maybe you should read what Micky wrote again then you will have your answer. Ru isnt a drug you can buy from your local pharmacy, or get it prescribed by a doctor, nor is it FDA approved its a research chemical made in a random chinese lab and sold on many different sites on the internet, get that through your head mate. It even says use at your own risk when you buy it, and it says for research purposes only.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well no sh*t lmao, half the stuff used on these forums aren’t FDA approved. For instance the dutasteride you’re using but that ain’t stopping you. Nearly every medication also states use at your own risk so I don’t see your point there either. And unless micky was a researcher for RU I don’t care what he says.
Gosh I cant take this no more you got sh*t for brains. And dutasteride is FDA approved in china for hairloss if you didnt know kiddo.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it highly possible? I have yet to see any photo evidence of it having a negative impact on hair. Seems you’ve had a negative experience with it causing you to discredit it.

All you have to judge RU58841 is anecdotes, and the majority or users online who have used it have reported it either not working and/or having negative side effects.

I'm sure if you do a search on this very forum alone you will be able to find people speaking about their negative experiences with RU58841 in no shortage, and you will find some pictures probably.

Remember, your inability to have seen such negative reports does not make RU58841 safe. You've basically just been in a bubble.

Also, I haven't used RU58841, so I couldn't have gotten negative side effects from it. I'm just well in tune with these things as well as staying well read.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you bothered to scroll down alittle you would have seen my response about believing other members. I am not saying RU does not have side effects however the majority of people on hair loss forums are hypochondriacs. Take yourself as an example claiming that you “do NOT use that poison finasteride anymore” lmao.

RU isn’t a miracle drug or anything but I have seen solid results from a lot of people. I have also read negative effects of the drug and I have noticed some myself when using high enough dosages. However, the issue is a lot of these so called negative effects people claim are absurd. Their are people claiming sides of chest pain and blurred vision minutes after application. RU is a NSAA , so it basically just binds to the androgen receptor and does nothing.

Unfortunately, we’ll never know the true scope of RU as the trails were discontinued and all we have is a small study that barely means anything in the grand scheme of things as well the “claimed” testimony of one of the researchers who conducted the trails. But remember, your inability to comprehend this does not make Ru58841 useless.

1) This website was not working and probably on maintenance for some time so reading full posts were not possible

2) Finasteride is definitely poison to many people, I know it works for some and with no sides, but theres a reason the manufacturer of Propecia (Merck) has shut down their website for Propecia and is currently facing litigation. It's not the first time it's faced litigation either for its side effects.

3) The word "Hypercondriacs" is just a silly word used to try to downplay the wokeness of individuals.
People on Hairloss Forums are on average far more in tune with their bodies and on average have far more knowledge about their conditions (eg. Androgenetic Alopecia) as well as the side effects and even the treatments available than those that don't use hair loss forums.
People that don't use hairloss forums often also get sides but don't know it's attributed to the medication they've been taking (for example Finasteride) and think it must be age or some other factors that's the cause.

4) No one said RU was a miracle drug, but just because it isn't a miracle drug, doesn't mean everyone has to condone it as safe to use when it clearly has side effects

5) The human body is an extremely complex system and everybody is different and thinking that a Drug meant to do x is only capable of doing x is very naive. Pretty much every drug has side effects, some far worse than others.

6) I clearly said a few messages back that I know RU works for some people and without side effects. I also said most people don't see positive results and/or get side effects on average from RU.

Last edited: