Is the the start of male pattern baldness??? I Need Some Advice, please help me out

mikewazowski

Reaction score
Im 20 years old and it seems like my hairline is receding,I have a slightly wave shaped hairline which is higher at the corners than the center. I think i m a Norwood 1 but it could be more and i just can't tell. Though my hairline does look the same in photos from 2 years ago. Some of my hair that falls out in the shower is slightly thinner in diameter than the rest but has the same length

Family History:

Father(Only Child): 56 years old, Norwood 2.5 or 3 with diffuse thinning

Grandfather (Fathers side): 80 years old, Norwood 2.5 or 3 with diffuse thinning

Grandfather (Mothers Side): 78 years old, Norwood 0, no hair loss, low forehead

Uncles (Mothers Side): Mid and Late 30's, 2 of them are Norwood 2's with no thinning, and one is a Norwood 3 with diffuse thinning

I have attached pictures of my current hairline, sorry if they are not clear. Can someone please tell me if this is the beginning of male pattern baldness

Attachments

• IMG_4936.JPG
    IMG_4936.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_4937.JPG
    IMG_4937.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_4938.JPG
    IMG_4938.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_4945.JPG
    IMG_4945.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 978

2suun

Reaction score
You seem totally fine to me. Given your family history, I wouldnt worry too much :)

AussieM

Reaction score
Your temples are starting to thin but honestly I would kill for your hairline. You have very little to worry about right now, and I can only notice because I look at people's hairlines alot.

Don't jump on Propecia or Minoxidil yet, just get a shampoo and conditioner set like Regenepure, don't smoke, eat healthy and you will be fine! :D If it bothers you that much, try using a little bit of Toppik, I have found this helped me greatly.

hairforumuser83

Reaction score
Looking alright to me!

Hey man,

First time post-er here. Your hair looks fine to me. The last thing you should do is panic. I'm sure we've ALL panicked at some point and we all know that it doesn't help. I don't have a ton of info on this stuff, so I'm no one to give advice, but I would say being proactive is probably the best thing if you're really concerned. Some of the good shampoos and stuff people on here sound like a good idea. Good luck dude!

mikewazowski

Reaction score
Your temples are starting to thin but honestly I would kill for your hairline. You have very little to worry about right now, and I can only notice because I look at people's hairlines alot.

Don't jump on Propecia or Minoxidil yet, just get a shampoo and conditioner set like Regenepure, don't smoke, eat healthy and you will be fine! :D If it bothers you that much, try using a little bit of Toppik, I have found this helped me greatly.

Are you sure my temples are thinning? I havent gone to a derm yet so i just want to confirm, i ve recently buzzed my hair really short so i m not used to seeing so much of my scalp. Thanks for your reply btw

obm

Reaction score
Try the hair pull test. Pinch a tuft of hair in the hairline and gently pull. Is there strands? If so also pinch a tuft on the side of your head. Is there strands? If so you may be experiencing a hormonal shed. In time it will slow down. Completely normal. If hair mostly comes out in the male pattern baldness zones and not the permenent zones you could speculate male pattern baldness. Go to a derm to be sure. As for the hairline... It looks good to me man. I wouldent worry. But still go to a derm.

2suun

Reaction score
There's alot of paranoid people on here. Your hair does not look like it's thinning man. I can't even see any temple recession.
Of course, the only way to be sure is to visit a derm. :)

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Do i have male pattern baldness is my Crown thining

I recent cut my hair to a buzzcuted Look 2.5-3.0 cm in lenght. Is this normal should i jump on finasteride what do you guys think this is and what should i do. I looked for thyroid test and it worked fine. I can't post picture but pls msg me if you can help me !