Is the quality of hair on hair systems now a lower quality than before the pandemic with most companies? Why is this?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am hearing reports from people who have bought hair systems from different companies that the quality of hair on hair systems they've bought is much lower than before the pandemic. For many companies, their supply chain/production facilities have been cut off due to the pandemic and they have had to set up new ones. However for whatever reason this now means the quality of hair is lower, especially for custom orders. Why is this, and what type of hair is being used which is such low quality? I thought the pandemic had caused problems getting lace, but not with the quality of the hair itself?

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New workers need to be hired, especially those without any previous experience. Naturally, the first wave of systems being put out will be generally lower in quality. This however will improve in time (fingers crossed).

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how it will be when borders all reopen etc really.

I've held off on ordering for now.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New workers need to be hired, especially those without any previous experience. Naturally, the first wave of systems being put out will be generally lower in quality. This however will improve in time (fingers crossed).

Why are new workers having to be hired? What happened to the previous workers?

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Previous knotting was done in NK. Once that border shut they tried to spin it back up in China.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TThe two that I have received since the pandemic have been of poor quality. The hair itself

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed since the pandemic the two systems that I've received have been very low quality hair. The hair is very dry Tangles very easy very unmanageable. So hopefully when things get back to the new normal the air will also get back to normal as well fingers crossed.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TThe two that I have received since the pandemic have been of poor quality. The hair itself

So is it still human hair? Remy hair? I don't understand why we are seeing lower quality hair now. Is it because the pandemic has caused a shortage of supply of certain hair types?

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering about this and was afraid it might be the case.
Apparently a TON of manufacturing and knotting shifted to China and new workers had to be hired. So we're talking about a lot of people who probably don't have a lot of experience.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So are the borders of North Korea still closed? Any news on when they will reopen?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is it still human hair? Remy hair? I don't understand why we are seeing lower quality hair now. Is it because the pandemic has caused a shortage of supply of certain hair types?
It's still human, but probably NOT Remy.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
My last two systems before my current one were really poorly crafted. The one I’ve got now is much better. Hoping its a sign that the quality is creeping back up again

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My last two systems before my current one were really poorly crafted. The one I’ve got now is much better. Hoping its a sign that the quality is creeping back up again

What company did you order your most recent hair system from?