is the hypertrichosis caused by oral minoxidil the first step to good scalp hair result?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am just getting the unwanted hair for the moment with 1.25 mg
If you have diffuse thinning, you might see strand diameter increase but otherwise, it will take six to nine months to see regrowth most likely but everyone is different. You might want to microneedle as well with topical rogaine. That seems to help rejuvenate dormant follicles.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes diffuse thinning, but does the unwanted hair comes first? it means that the med is working

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man i don't know how you support hypertrichosis, maybe you were already ultra hairy before, but that was not my case bro
how much hair do you gain and where? fur level? or just some more here and there... i got more on my hands and wrists now, between eyebrows and hair and somehow a little over the eybrows... nothing massive though... hair (all of it) seems to be growing faster though...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
how much is your oral dosage? Yes all my microscopic body hair are growing longer. And arm hair/ leg hair growing a lot. even back/ shoulder, nose, everywhere

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
how much is your oral dosage? Yes all my microscopic body hair are growing longer. And arm hair/ leg hair growing a lot. even back/ shoulder, nose, everywhere
5mg...
well, if its just a little longer i wouldnt care much, unless its getting thick and black youre covered in hair where there has never been any before...
if its too annoying, i guess half the dose, or even quitting is the only way against that...

if you get regrowth on your head, its a small price to pay in my opinion...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
for the moment i can still handle it ( but only have been on oral 1.25 mg for 2 month), but i am planning to take 2.5 mg oral min in order to drop completely the topical. And i fear the huge increase of body hair. I just hope this side stop after few month

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
well if you get hair already you will get more hair, when you increase the dosage...
and i dont think it will stop... since it effects all of the hair on your body, you will have more body hair and more hair on your head...

most likely it wont be too bad... as i said, i got a little more and i noticed because i am not hairy at all... i didnt grow any hair where there has never been any, like i didnt grow hair on my chest all of a sudden...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the moment i just get the body hair effect, i hope to get the scalp hair result too. Don't know if this correlate. Like first the body hair because receptor are less sensitive to androgen), and then getting the scalp hair