Is The 1mg Propecia Just Too Weak For Me?

bjtopgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have take 1mg propecia for 10 months.
I chose Propecia After 6 months of crazy hair loss .
After I take 1mg Propecia every day more than 3 months ago,my hair loss dropped from 100+ per day to 60+.
And desire weakened, insomnia, fatigue
But 60+ loss is still losing my hairline...
Is the 1mg Propecia just too weak for me?
Do you have experience?
I'm from Asia,sorry for my English...

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to share clear before and after pictures and family history for proper advice.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks slightly worse. It appears you may be going through a minor shed. Doesn't look that bad and can still see the hair growing. My temple was similar but seems to recovered some myself. I see some pimples on your hairline, that's usually not a good sign. What shampoo do you use? You may want to try Regenpure DR, it helped me keep my scalp clean and less irritate. It helped recover some before I started finasteride. Some hairloss may be attributed to telogen effluvium in combo with male pattern baldness, where some months it may look worse. It happen to me.

Finasteride may be helping to maintain your hair and you're just not a great responder. When you say 6 months of crazy hairloss, do you have pictures before? How are you counting your hair daily? 60 a day seems quite normal.

If it was me, I'd give it 2-3 more months or the next hair cycle growth with finasteride, but if you want something stronger, Dutasteride is an option but do your research on it before you decide.

bjtopgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks slightly worse. It appears you may be going through a minor shed. Doesn't look that bad and can still see the hair growing. My temple was similar but seems to recovered some myself. I see some pimples on your hairline, that's usually not a good sign. What shampoo do you use? You may want to try Regenpure DR, it helped me keep my scalp clean and less irritate. It helped recover some before I started finasteride. Some hairloss may be attributed to telogen effluvium in combo with male pattern baldness, where some months it may look worse. It happen to me.

Finasteride may be helping to maintain your hair and you're just not a great responder. When you say 6 months of crazy hairloss, do you have pictures before? How are you counting your hair daily? 60 a day seems quite normal.

If it was me, I'd give it 2-3 more months or the next hair cycle growth with finasteride, but if you want something stronger, Dutasteride is an option but do your research on it before you decide.
Thanks for help, thank you for understanding my English
Maybe my forehead is sensitive to DHT,Because my forehead is easy to grow pimples since I was in high school
My father is NW5,my hair loss pattern is just like him(Hair loss starts from the temple and the crown does not have hair loss at the same time)

Another problem:
What Is The Effect Of Smoking On Hair Loss?
I have been smoking many years
Is smoking bad for hair , or does it not respond well to the Propecia?

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's been some study that slightly favor the notion that smoking does have some effect but nothing conclusive.