Is Tamoxifen Good Enough For Gyno Prevention Or Do I Need Something Stronger Like An Ai?

RegrowthPlease

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i have started for the first time in my life with one pill of finasteride (1.25mg) yesterday and after 24 hours i feel like i have very very slight heightened sensitivity in my right nipple. It is likely my imagination but I cannot risk any chance of irreversibility with gyno. I am lean, workout 6 days a week but itsi the first time I'm purposely taking a pill that affects my hormones.

So my question is, in many steroid and hairloss forums and youtube videos I've seen, the most recommended drug for gyno is letrozole. But those severely affect the estrogen levels. Tamoxifen is generally used for PCT but is generally not deemed to be as strong (or efficeint?) for prevention of gyno.

But for non roiding guys like myself, who would like to avoid gyno (other finasteride sides don't bother me as much), is tamoxifen good enough to do it's job? And what is the dosing like? Would 5mg EOD have any effect at all or would it be a waste of time with such a low dose. Keyword is prevention since i don't actually have gyno. As well, should it be maintained whenever i take finasteride (ie forever) or started only when i begin to feel something weird?

Mainly because i am already spending a fair amount on the big 3, i would like to cut down on my expenses with other drugs. Letrozole is harder to get online (sources are welcome) and seems to be much more expensive per pill so i figured tamoxifen would be a better choice despite lower(?) efficacy. Thoughts?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
gyno after 1 pill?
but acording to the study tamoxifen prevent gyno from biclutamide , so it might prevent the one from fina

RegrowthPlease

My Regimen
Reaction score
gyno after 1 pill?
but acording to the study tamoxifen prevent gyno from biclutamide , so it might prevent the one from fina

Yes i have seen that study. Just looking to get some tips from veterans about gyno prevention protocol on finasteride. I have seen a study mention as low as 1mg of tamoxifen was effective at lowering breast cancer. And no, i don't actually have gyno but i would rather err on the side of paranoia since it is a known side effect. Better be paranoid now than later u feel me? Lol

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you start then keep us posted. I'm looking into Raloxifene for similar reasons. Same deal as tamox with potentially fewer side effects. Yeah prevention is the name of the game. SERMs won't get rid of breast buds if they've already formed.