Is supplementing MSM any useful for hair

Fin_addict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read this supplement msm increases hair growth, however the only threads I found were from before 2010 with no updates

Is this legit or bunk ?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read this supplement msm increases hair growth, however the only threads I found were from before 2010 with no updates

Is this legit or bunk ?
No supplement will grow hair unless you have a diet so poor that your hair started to fall out because of it.

Fin_addict

My Regimen
Reaction score
No supplement will grow hair unless you have a diet so poor that your hair started to fall out because of it.
I haven't read too much into it but apparently it's a sulfur compound that forms bonds to strengthen the keratin in the hair.

There's only studies on mice but also a lot of anecdotal evidence. Numerous take it for joint problems and reported this "side effect".

I thought people might've already tried it here

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM DONT WORK. Ur better off eating more onions. Just dont heat it too much or long or u lose the sulphur.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't read too much into it but apparently it's a sulfur compound that forms bonds to strengthen the keratin in the hair.

There's only studies on mice but also a lot of anecdotal evidence. Numerous take it for joint problems and reported this "side effect".

I thought people might've already tried it here
Show me some before and after pictures. I wonder if the people who report hair growth are just plants to promote the product?

Fin_addict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is this legit or bunk ?
Ok read a bit more into it, all its gonna do is help your body produce keratin. That's why it supposedly will grow faster and "look healthier".

However it won't do anything on a follicular lever, it just makes it easier to create hair strands. I'll try it