is styling gel bad for my hair?

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using a styling gel, that is supposed to be organic, and contain no chemicals what so ever. It smells that way too:) But, is it bad for my hair, to be styled with something that make it stiff.... ?

I'm just wondering... I don't wanna make murder to my hair, as I'm trying to maintain....

Just noticed yesterday, that propecias website, has gotten an update. And it says that in 5 years 2 out 3 regrew hair.... didn't know that.... so I'm on year 1 now... and pretty much maintaining... (I think)...

Anyway.. the question above... thank you for being here..:) Happy holidays...

Old Baldy

Reaction score
No. I think your organic gel should be fine for the hair. Why do you think it would damage your follicles?

I've never heard of organic gels, or other non-organic gels that are sold OTC, causing hairloss. I've read that some of the stuff at women's salons can make hair brittle but you don't have strong stuff like that.

I say "gel away"! :lol:

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yup, you're fine using gel.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
non alcohol based gels are ok for your hair so i've read..stay away from hair spray

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thomas040, I was like when I first saw I have a hair loss. I look around to think of what I was doing to damage my hair and stop doing it so it would grow back. Sucks, to found out that nothing that I did cause it beside my bad genes.

I did use a flatting iron for my hair when it was longer which is really bad for the hair but do much to stop the hair loss I had. Just have to start taking something.

misterium

Reaction score
ACT10Npack: ?

Can you please re-write everything so we can understand it better.

Thank you sir.