Is shaving the head temporary halts shedding.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean does the hair falls like when it was long (in the same ratio, slower, faster)???.
:pensativo:
The reason I'm asking that, I've been shaving my head for almost 3 months now, how will I know if I'm shedding or not !!!

I’m doing all possible ways to avoid :adminfinger: Propecia in the time been, that’s why I’m shaving my head.

--------------------------------------------
:roll:
5% Rogaine.
Tricomin
Revivogen
A cup of Green tea daily.
Shaving my head every two days.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Shaving your head has nothing to do with the number of hairs entering the telogen phase. It's just almost impossible to keep track of the hairs lost and you might think that shedding has reduced.

If you spend many hours in the sun having a shaved head might be a drawback as UV rays are found to penetrate skin up to 250 micrometers so they could damage your follicles. Wear a hat.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shaving your head will have no direct effect on hair loss.

v

Reaction score
i also shave my head, and things are going very well.. i think that it may help fighting hair loss, because the hair doesnt have to grow as long which must keep it strong. I am getting good regrowth on the temple area and hair line.

G

v ---> Ohhh thats sooooo nice to hear..! tell me more, tell me more, tell me more!!!! Thats exactly what i'm looking for to...! what regimen are you using????

SE-freak

Reaction score
v said:
i think that it may help fighting hair loss, because the hair doesnt have to grow as long which must keep it strong.

this lacks some SERIOUS ground.

oni

Reaction score
If you spend many hours in the sun having a shaved head might be a drawback as UV rays are found to penetrate skin up to 250 micrometers so they could damage your follicles. Wear a hat.

Where did you get that info from?

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
God good what is this? some kind of hillbilly thread !!!

v

Reaction score
It could be that the minoxidil grown hairs make it appear that there is good regrowth...

suerte a todos!

minoxidil 5% twice daily
nizoral 2%
1/2 proscar ( no side effects)