Is shaving it all really that bad?

Charles1728

Reaction score
I looked through your pictures, and I remember that when I had hair similar to yours that I held the same viewpoint. Trust me though that will change. As your hair line continues to recede, so will your view that baldness isn't a big deal.

Again, never said it wasn't a big deal. But I see where you're coming from.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, it ****ing sucks, and its exacerbated by modern times where everyone has an unrealistic expectation of beauty. My only hope for the future is that there *will* be a full cure, and it will be very expensive so that you still feel special when you get your hair back. But youth is wasted away and gone forever.

luis_scofield

Reaction score
So i will make this question here instead of opening a new thread.

How bad do you guys think i would look shaved? i started to loose hair this year and my hairline is receding and im considering shaving it in the future. I wanted to shave to see how i would looked but my hair styler didnt recommend me, instead he gave me a nice short haircut.

This is me:

Please dont be mean with me, as im very sensitive about my looks. But be honest too. Seriously considering the shaved head. I can grow a beard easily however im too damn skinny. My expectation is to look somehow like Edward Norton in American History X but possibly if i shave i will look too phucking ugly besides im white skinned i might look sick. Im not Jason Statham you know.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please dont be mean with me, as im very sensitive about my looks. But be honest too. Seriously considering the shaved head. I can grow a beard easily however im too damn skinny. My expectation is to look somehow like Edward Norton in American History X but possibly if i shave i will look too phucking ugly besides im white skinned i might look sick. Im not Jason Statham you know.

You've got good facial hair so will be able to pull off the bald look. If you're worried about being skinny and having pale skin...at least you can change that by working out and getting a tan!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
It's funny because some men (like me) can't. And they don't want to increase their risk of getting skin cancer either by the way.

If you want a safe tan you can always fake tan / spray tan... unless you think it's too feminine. But anyway a tan won't help anyone's baldness, it's just a tan nothing more.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I got a penny for every time I heard that, lol....

I know most people use it as a blanket statement for anyone going bald. But this guy actually did mention he was concerned about being pale and skinny, two things he can change.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always been naturally very tall/skinny (ectomorph) but I can see results if I just eat and workout loads. I'd never be able to get huge because of my body type though. Obviously steroids make everything easier. Are we turning this into another bro-tastic workout tips thread Fred?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if I eat more, I get a fat belly and a fat face, but I stay skinny. For some people it's impossible to achieve noteworthy results. So just stop suggesting "getting big" to all the balding men here.

Umm yeah, you can't just eat more and expect to put on muscle. You have to eat the right food and workout regularly. And I don't suggest "getting big" to all the balding men here, this guy specifically said he was worried about having a shaved head and being skinny, so I was just reminding him one of those two things was in his control.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, let's talk about the subject everyone on this site seems to want to avoid - shaving it. Is it really as bad as some people on this site make it out to be? I don't think so.

Now, before I start, let me give myself some legitimacy. I'm not a bald guy trying to make himself feel better or project 'positivity' into you guys. I'm a young kid with an NW2 that's quickly bidding me farewell. I haven't started a regimen yet, but I will soon. I'm thinking proscar and 2% Kirkland minoxidil. But that's the farthest I'll go.

I don't want to go bald, but, unfortunately, it's happening. I'm giving it a couple more years, fighting it for as long as I can, and then, once I get to NW3 or 3.5, I'm shaving it all off. Some of you on this site really just need to take a step back. Being bald does not instantly ostracize you from society or preclude you from living a happy, successful life. That's bull****. C'mon. 2/3 of men suffer from male pattern baldness - it's not like you're alone. There is so much more to life and attractiveness than hair. I'm not gonna lie, being bald will make you less attractive - at first. But once you get used to it and learn how to best accentuate your other features to make up for it, you'll be fine. I think a lot of us here on this site fear being bald because such a small amount of male idols and celebrities are bald, but that's not a telling story. Hollywood is a land of vanity and perfection. Our faces don't look like movie stars', neither do our arms or chests - why do we think our hair should? Of course girls aren't going to obsess over guys with no hair - just like guys don't obsess over girls with small boobs. But would you still marry a girl with small boobs? Or at least have sex with her? If she had plenty of other attractive features, I would. Life isn't like the movies. People aren't perfect. Accept that, make yourself the best you you can be, and go forward with your chin held high.

I saw at least three bald men at the gym today, all appeared happy, healthy and fulfilled. Hair doesn't define attractiveness. Go to the gym. Get a tan. Read a book. Make some money. Life will be okay.

Fight it while you can, but don't sacrifice your health for it. Shave it and move on. You'll be okay, trust me.

Your profile pic says different, Is that you ?

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes getting muscular is not going to solve your issues.

And bs can I just say getting a tan won't either? I can't tan! I freckle. That being said I can get a pinkish red color that looks ok.

Also so let's talk about Jason statham. The man has hair! And he's the tamest white man a live.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I cannot grow a beard either.

- - - Updated - - -

And one more thing. Anyone notice how people are obsessed with hair? I can't go a day without hearing a conversation with it. And they are always so happy to complain or enjoy their new hair cut or full head of hair problems.

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
11817056_964739023582516_4809953859021251517_n.jpg

You're actually pretty cute with hair, but there's really no way to tell how you would look without it unless you took the plunge and shaved it.

Re: the topic: I think self-improvement, through whatever means, is always solid advice. But if you're doing it with the mentality that you're compensating for something else, in this case, baldness, well, prepare to be disappointed. If you want to get fit and tan, do it because you want to, because it makes you feel good about yourself, etc., not because you feel you have to make up for some supposed shortcoming. There's very little you can do to affect how other people perceive you; it's more important how you perceive yourself.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score

How bad do you guys think i would look shaved? i started to loose hair this year and my hairline is receding and im considering shaving it in the future. I wanted to shave to see how i would looked but my hair styler didnt recommend me, instead he gave me a nice short haircut.

This is me:

edward-norton-hair-transplant.jpg

Hi Luis, Let's look at this guy's profile a moment.

Appearance wise, like many of us he's got a couple pluses going for him and some minuses ie:

Norton has above average height advantage= 1.83 meter (this generally improves his attractive rate with women).

He is white/light skinned

and possesses lean/skinny built.

He is neither naturally masculine

nor classically handsome

Albeit he apparently has the genetic ability to achieve a more toned and/or sinewy look to which decidedly complements or compensates for his

otherwise unremarkable body type and facial features. His blue eyes mostly rescue his overall mediocre looks.

He is also rich (net worth @ 70 mil.)

and he is famous.

These two final facts would not matter as much if not for the fact that mainstream/secular society favorably expresses their powerful importance and influence.

Luis you already have a nice looking countenance and demeanor. Therefore I think aside from Norton's high celebrity ranking and maybe his skull

shape/ height factor(s) opposed to yours you won't look bad/ugly when you shave off your hair.

Despite the pervasively naïve argument that "it is only hair," We say to this: Yes it is only our hair that can make us fully feel we look our best.

In closing I suggest that you shave your head, take some photos and get back w/us for a more fair assessment.

Good Luck Luis

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
No not me lol. It's a soccer player named Tim
Howard. He's the goalkeeper for the US national team (and Everton, if you're a footy fan).

ha ha scouse fan from Columbia...don't come across those everyday. Big up Martinez boys, Gunners gonna woop yer ***.

Charles1728

Reaction score
ha ha scouse fan from Columbia...don't come across those everyday. Big up Martinez boys, Gunners gonna woop yer ***.

Hahaha I'm an Arsenal fan too my man. Not a fan of Everton... just a fan of Americans (big Timmy). If we get Big Benz we will be unstoppable this season. And I'm from Columbia, SC just to be clear lol

sjbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hahaha I'm an Arsenal fan too my man. Not a fan of Everton... just a fan of Americans (big Timmy). If we get Big Benz we will be unstoppable this season. And I'm from Columbia, SC just to be clear lol

Oh Columbia US, not cartel land. Right about Benz; things are stirring now Arsene has cracked open the piggy bank.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is me:

You would look great bald! You have a relatively round head which is a shape conducive to baldness, and also the facial hair makes it an even more badass look. Start lifting weights too and you'll accentuate your other features. Eventually you'll be like Vin Diesel, where he actually looks BETTER bald and you don't even want to imagine him with hair :D

luis_scofield

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer guys. I asked it because i wasnt sure about my head shape. I never felt bad about my skin, in fact im quite proud about my white skin (no racist, just not many mexicans are white) and about being skinny, i am because i excercise, drink water and eat healthy, but im not that skinny anyway, i think im fit.However a white and not muscular baldie maybe isnt very attractive, thank god that at least i can grow a beard as long as i want to.Im in the earliest stages of hair loss and its causing me depression because i dont have enough money for treatement. It sucks because im a late bloomer who didnt enjoyed success with women at all until i turned 20, and im only 24 so rough 4 years its pretty lame. It sucks because otherwise i feel that im in my prime when it comes to my looks. Around 23 i was becoming even more succesful with teh ladiez thanks to my beard. **** this world. Im even trying to deal with god to give me more time with my hair to enjoy more time with girls but i can tell how stupid is that.Anyway im SERIOUSLY considering a buzzcut to give it a try, but people who know me say i shouldnt cus my hair looks good for now, nobody would know. But yeah sometimes i just want to bite the bullet and never look back, shave and get muscular. From baby face to Jason Statham. Also sun damage concers me.Im worried cus my old man is bald and imo he doesnt look good at all, he was considered handsome when he was young but he lost it when he got bald. And i look a lot like him.Anyway i will never be bald and fat. Baldness itselfs isnt really that bad if you stay fit.