Is rogaine making my face look fat?

jay2k8

Reaction score
I been using rogaine foam on my hairline for about a year now. I been looking at some old photos and I have noticed my face is fat. Has anyone else had similar results?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jay2k8 said:
I been using rogaine foam on my hairline for about a year now. I been looking at some old photos and I have noticed my face is fat. Has anyone else had similar results?

yes, minoxidil causes water retention and this is a side effect. i stopped using it completely, but you may want to try applying it to a dry scalp and/or applying less to try and avoid this side effect.

T

Timi

Yes my face is full with water

i have yesterday stoped

and my Hair get worse from minoxidil
helps nothing

Timi

G

Follically Challenged said:
jay2k8 said:

yes, minoxidil causes water retention and this is a side effect. i stopped using it completely, but you may want to try applying it to a dry scalp and/or applying less to try and avoid this side effect.
Thats great advice bud.I too get facial swelling from minoxidil and its very annoying.What i do to try and avoid it now is use minoxidil on a dry scalp while wearing gloves and also use less minoxidil.Also you would want to watch the sodium in your diet.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
Thats great advice bud.I too get facial swelling from minoxidil and its very annoying.What i do to try and avoid it now is use minoxidil on a dry scalp while wearing gloves and also use less minoxidil.Also you would want to watch the sodium in your diet.

Thanks...the wearing gloves bit you do is intelligent.