Is Replicel dead? What companies and solutions look the most promising these days?

HairShocka

Reaction score
Hello. I used to be on the forum a lot years ago and some people had high hopes for Replicel. I didn't see any updated posts when I did a search on Hairlosstalk and was wondering if that route is completely dead. Which companies and solutions look the most promising these days?

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I used to be on the forum a lot years ago and some people had high hopes for Replicel. I didn't see any updated posts when I did a search on Hairlosstalk and was wondering if that route is completely dead. Which companies and solutions look the most promising these days?

replicel is not dead. Shiseido is doing dose finding trial of Replicels RCH-01 treatment Phase 2. Unfortunately it will last until 2022 to finish that trial. But nevertheless they will optimize the dose. In the first phase II trial the outcome was that a lower cell concentration leads to better results in regrowth. Shiseido will use much lower concentrations now to optimize the treatment.

If the trial is sucessful SHiseido will commercialize Replicels Technology in Asia an Replicel will comercialize in Europe, America and so on

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't Replicel's treatment the same as HairClone which plans to start later in 2021 ( It will most likely be postponed as always )?
That's kind of weird honestly for Hairclone to plans such an early launch, when another company who spent more time in this field, only had poor results and is still testing.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm personally shocked not a single treatment made it to Phase 3 by 2021.
The tissue engineering routes also never made it past animal studies.
Sad state of affairs indeed

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you please share your thoughts on the HMI-115 (Bayer) prolactin receptor @Desmond_84 ?
I am cautiously optimistic

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel is pretty much dead. The most promising things in the pipeline now are hair multiplication(Stemson) and HMI-115.

HairShocka

Reaction score
replicel is not dead. Shiseido is doing dose finding trial of Replicels RCH-01 treatment Phase 2. Unfortunately it will last until 2022 to finish that trial. But nevertheless they will optimize the dose. In the first phase II trial the outcome was that a lower cell concentration leads to better results in regrowth. Shiseido will use much lower concentrations now to optimize the treatment.

If the trial is sucessful SHiseido will commercialize Replicels Technology in Asia an Replicel will comercialize in Europe, America and so on

Do you know when in 2022 the trial is scheduled to end and approximately how long it might take to take it to market from there assuming the trials results are good?

HairShocka

Reaction score
Replicel isn't in Phase 3 in Japan?