Is Proscar As Effective As Propecia?

Casanova

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have been using Propecia for the last 20 days or so. Propecia is quite expensive and I am thinking about buying Proscar and dividing it into 4 pieces. Will this be as effective as Propecia and I am also worried about whether I will get 1.25 mg Finasteride everyday or the amount will vary from day to day and the different dosage might cause some problems because it is difficult to divide equally. Thanks

Casanova

My Regimen
Reaction score
And is the Finasteride equally divided in the tablet or will it be more in one quarter of the tablet than the other. I am asking this because I read somewhere that it is not always confirmed and sometimes a person can get as high as 3 mg from quarter of the Proscar tablet.

Alen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe most of the forum users are using Proscar by dividing it to 4 or 5. It is as effective as Propecia, thats for sure.. but i am also wondering the same thing about not being able to divide pills equally.

Hopefully more experianced users will enlight us.

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people claim proscar is evenly spread and others say its uneven.
You're still getting 5 mg of finasteride anyway... (during 4-5 days).

Propecia and proscar is the same, just be sure its legit stuff (bought mine from pharmacist with prescription so im sure its real).

I Talked with a dermotologist and he said proscar doesnt have finasteride evenly spread, but im sure you can find others who claim otherwise... and he said that cutting proscar is a Real hassle so i should go for propecia... i can cut the pills fine... he insisted...

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...asteride-in-proscar-evenly-distributed.29345/

A link to the discussion of this topic.

I bought my proscar for 35 euro (98 pills), a little over a year worths of finasteride ;) cheap and more.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This graph should be stickied at the top of the antiandrogen forum:

finasteride-DHT-inhibition-curve.jpg

Even .5mg finasteride should be enough to get almost the full effect, so it almost doesn't matter if your 1/4 Proscar is .8mg or 1.2mg.

With that said, why buy brand name Propecia? If you're in the US, a 90ct of 1mg finasteride is about $8 at Costco, and you don't need to be a member to use their pharmacy.